Home-made iontophoresis machine

SyNtHeSiS

I recently made a home-made iontophoresis machine using the info given from the link: http:// YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. v=Cc0pj2tf6_4. I used the machine for about 10 min with two 9V batteries (16.78V on the multimeter). When I took my hands out, they were spastic and I had to slowly open my hands to get them to back to their normal position. I noticed on my left palm (next to my thumb) it was a bit swollen, I think this may be my vein. Has this happened to anyone?

Feathers

What's iontophoresis and what's a iontophoresis machine and why would you want one? :) Just curious!!

Not sure if it's safe to tackle unknown technology?? (Unless it's for higher good or something, but still.. safety comes first, no?)
Also you may wanna ask at the link on YouTube - the link you posted is just general YouTube site?

Sprawling

An iontophoresis machine is like a time machine of sorts. It zaps one into a reality that is different than the one they exists in. In the alternate reality it helps those of us with Hyperhidrosis from the evil sweat monster. It helps to bring dryness to those of us who are plagued with constantly sweaty hands an feet.

SyNtHeSiS, that is a very weird reaction. It sounds as if the current was to high. A little bit of redness, soreness, yet affecting the hands the way you describe sounds a little off. I've been doing Ionto for almost 6 years, never had an experience of it affecting the movement of my hands. If it happens again you may want to have it checked out by a physician.

SweatSweatGoAway

I had the same effects you're talking about. After the treatment it's hard to uncurl your hands. They also feel like 10000 needles are puncturing you. With the homemade machine, I got burns on my hands and even cuts which I had to cover with vaseline. But, the vaseline got so messy that it spread to the pans, which got on parts of my hands that were fine.

Eventually I got so fed up of the homemade machine that I bought an Idromed 5 PS, which overall provides a MUCH smoother experience. There's a 8 week warranty so you won't get ripped if it's not working for you. If you're interested click here: Iontophoresis against hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating

SyNtHeSiS

I had the same effects you're talking about. After the treatment it's hard to uncurl your hands. They also feel like 10000 needles are puncturing you. With the homemade machine, I got burns on my hands and even cuts which I had to cover with vaseline. But, the vaseline got so messy that it spread to the pans, which got on parts of my hands that were fine.

Eventually I got so fed up of the homemade machine that I bought an Idromed 5 PS, which overall provides a MUCH smoother experience. There's a 8 week warranty so you won't get ripped if it's not working for you. If you're interested click here: Iontophoresis against hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating

I never got any burns, the only side effect was part of my left palm which was bit swollen. Its still swollen after a week. Did this also happen to you?

SweatSweatGoAway

The burns happened after 7 or so treatments, so you may get them if you've just started with iontophoresis. I never had my hand swollen, sorry. Are you sure it's the iontophoresis or something like a cyst?

By the way, what treatment day are you on?

SyNtHeSiS

I tried it the first time for 10 min after that happened then I stopped because of the swelling. When I press on it I feel a bit of pain all over my hand.

Sprawling

I wonder if the ionto triggered some kind of existing problem that you are not aware of. The curling of the hands just does not seem right. The swelling my be like a burn? If you are to try ionto again you might want to use a smaller battery or something to regulate the current flow.

SyNtHeSiS

I wonder if the ionto triggered some kind of existing problem that you are not aware of. The curling of the hands just does not seem right. The swelling my be like a burn? If you are to try ionto again you might want to use a smaller battery or something to regulate the current flow.

At first I tried 9V and felt a slight jolt when I placed my hands in the water, then after that didnt really feel anything in the water. This didnt curl my fingers, but I increased the voltage cause I thought 9V wouldnt be effective.

SweatSweatGoAway

When I did the homemade iontophoresis I used 24V. Hurt like a bitch, never would do that again, lol. Here's a little trick to avoid the initial shock: Start by slowly putting either your knuckles or the bone above your knuckles in the water first. Then, begin flipping over your hand. The bone doesn't have many nerve endings, therefore you won't feel the shock as much.

Feathers

Thanks for the explanation!

oh gosh, sounds quite a bit dangerous!!

well, I wouldn't play with health!! better a bit sweaty hands than possibly being harmed (for life)?? or does this go away?

honestly, I have no idea why this is such a big deal. I knew a guy who had sweaty palms when in a bit stressful situation, he just kept wiping them, no big deal...??

SyNtHeSiS

When I did the homemade iontophoresis I used 24V. Hurt like a bitch, never would do that again, lol. Here's a little trick to avoid the initial shock: Start by slowly putting either your knuckles or the bone above your knuckles in the water first. Then, begin flipping over your hand. The bone doesn't have many nerve endings, therefore you won't feel the shock as much.

Well I intentionally wanted to feel the shock in order to feel if that setting would be effective. I am thinking maybe 18V was to high for me, since I am quite skinny and therefore would have less body resistance. What do you think? And if I used 9V do you think this would give me results?

SweatSweatGoAway

Well I intentionally wanted to feel the shock in order to feel if that setting would be effective. I am thinking maybe 18V was to high for me, since I am quite skinny and therefore would have less body resistance. What do you think? And if I used 9V do you think this would give me results?

Well the most accepted theory behind iontophoresis is that it stretches the skin so that it covers the sweat pores. I think you must use a minimum of 12V to have it work, and it will take a lot longer and require more maintenance treatments than using 18V. With 9V, I don't think it will work at all because the skin will return to normal very fast.