Horrible to my work colleagues

MaxineRyder

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I dont know why this is but every day I am so horrible to my work colleagues. I cant think of a single nice thing to say to them so i just sulk and brood in my corner and if anyone speaks to me i start an argument. Then i get paranoid that they want to boycott me and mess with my work. I just cannot bring myself to be nice to people i work with. I'm fine with friends. I've just always been so angry and paranoid around people i work with.

Why is this?? Is it depression?

Maxine

evi

Dear Maxine,
It is all too common to have difficult relationships with people that you work with. This has happened to me many times (I have been working for 30 years). Working environments can be hostile due to many things. People are very competetive due to pressures from their superiors and they may do or say things to hurt their collegues in the process. The working environment starts from the top. If there is little or no support, then it's going to affect all the others. My first questions is - do you like your job? If not, then it would a good idea to go elsewhere. Secondly, take a good look at management. Do they project a positive attitude which would then reflect on the other employees. If you do like your job and your manager, it would be a good time to talk, open up a little and tell your manager how you are feeling. Most people are very understanding and want to help (they are trained for it in management). Secondly, try to make an effort to reach out to your colleages yourself. You may find it difficult at first, but I think in the end you will feel alot better about it. Who knows - you may make some new freinds. I did.

Hope this helps

Lea

Banned
If you don't know why are the people at work iritating you, the less will somebody else know. I'm sure you will find some explanation if you think about it.