How are you feeling?

polishgirl

bad. Been in a new school for six weeks already and no changes. I'm still awkward, and barely have any friends. How did this happen?

AsTimeBurns

Because even if we move house/job/school/etc... we're still the same person with the same insecurities and difficulties in making friends. Just in a different place.

MrJones

People say it's good to cry when you feel like doing so, but when you can't stop I think it's a problem... especially when it's out of nowhere. So stupid ::(:

MikeyC

bad. Been in a new school for six weeks already and no changes. I'm still awkward, and barely have any friends. How did this happen?
As AsTimeBurns has said, we are still the same person, no matter what. Maybe that's what's happening to you.

I was always drawn to the quieter people at school so I would've definitely been your friend. :)

People say it's good to cry when you feel like doing so, but when you can't stop I think it's a problem... especially when it's out of nowhere. So stupid ::(:
Sorry you're crying, mate. You sound like you're in a tough spot.

I am feeling hungry. Starving, even. Almost time for pasta.

Aletheia

what is it with all these people suddenly wanting to get back in touch?

Ashamed.

The guy who was going to be my CS Masters supervisor sent me a Facebook invite. He's an awesome guy, but I panicked and bailed two years running and still haven't got my life together and I feel I've disappointed him. And he's someone whose respect matters to me.

MikeyC

Re: what is it with all these people suddenly wanting to get back in touch?

Ashamed.

The guy who was going to be my CS Masters supervisor sent me a Facebook invite. He's an awesome guy, but I panicked and bailed two years running and still haven't got my life together and I feel I've disappointed him. And he's someone whose respect matters to me.
What's the invite for?

MikeyC

Oh just a friends invite. (Is that the terminology? I'm a bit clueless about Facebook.)
Oh, okay. If this guy is important to you, I say just hold your breath and click accept. He wants to talk to you, it seems, so that's good! :)

You accepted mine, don't forget, and we've never met.

polishgirl

As AsTimeBurns has said, we are still the same person, no matter what. Maybe that's what's happening to you.

I was always drawn to the quieter people at school so I would've definitely been your friend. :)

Haha I've never been quite in my life :) I'm very talkative. It's just that when I talk, I appear awkward. It's something about me, that yet I can't identify... which is even worst.

Because even if we move house/job/school/etc... we're still the same person with the same insecurities and difficulties in making friends. Just in a different place.

I know, I know. It is just back home, I had a lot of friends. I have this thing that in some social situations I can be a totally different person, but just randomly I act awkward and antisocial. Just by chance, depends on the day. And it's killing me... But you are right, I have no one to blame other than myself for this situation, which only gets me more down...

Ashamed.

You haven't disappointed him! The constant feeling of disappointing everyone is my complex, too but you have to know that other people do not expect that much from you than you do from yourself.
And try accepting it! I know it seems like a hard task, but challenge yourself! :)

Phoenixx

Lazy. I don't want to do anything except watch youtube videos and cartoons. ::p:

Also a bit contemplative. Debating on what I want to do this summer, since I have a couple options. I know the end of the semester is 2 months away still, but I'm already counting down.

MikeyC

So just then I got lots of nice ingredients and made up too much pasta with delicious bolognese sauce and garlic bread. I ate three big bowls of it and 6 slices of bread. I then ate some double-choc chip ice cream with biscuits and sprinkles for dessert. I did all this while watching episodes of Seinfeld.

I reckon that was the most fun I've had all year.

hidwell

So just then I got lots of nice ingredients and made up too much pasta with delicious bolognese sauce and garlic bread. I ate three big bowls of it and 6 slices of bread. I then ate some double-choc chip ice cream with biscuits and sprinkles for dessert. I did all this while watching episodes of Seinfeld.

I reckon that was the most fun I've had all year.

You sure have a healthy appetite Mikey, I hope your not going to through up lol::p:

MikeyC

You sure have a healthy appetite Mikey, I hope your not going to through up lol::p:
Ha, don't worry, I think that'll be enough to keep me going until tomorrow morning...unless I'm feeling a little hungry tonight. ;) I am quite the big eater.

dottie

i come to this thread today to VENT MY RAGE.

(george castanza voice next two lines)
I AM SO ANGRY.
I AM SO FRUSTRATED.

i loathe your being from the pit of my soul... and, well... since karma may be possible i won't wish ill will upon you. although, the wish of ill will upon you is instinctive, reactive... i will suppress it. how about this... i hope you get a better, higher paying job somewhere else- somewhere far from me where i never have to encounter you again.

you nasty $^#&.

oh god, how i hate you.

you go out of your way to single people out and try to make them feel bad. it brings you glory to sing out others' petty mishaps (and i mean petty things that do not matter). it brings you such joy that you begin to falsely accuse people of mistakes and try to make them feel bad for those, too. what kind of sick person takes joy in that? it is exhausting enough being hen-pecked for petty BS that does not matter. but when you begin to make stuff up to get people to feel bad about themselves... that is not just exhausting, that is deplorable. you have crossed the line of being insufferable to blatant sick #$%^ territory.

you are someone who inherited this position due to longevity, not because of competence. you are no leader. you disgust me. it is near impossible to stomach being in the same room with you... and i have to for 8 hours a day. UGH.