How are you feeling?

Remus

Staff member
Feel like I'm coming down with the flu. Except I'm not. Just another manic migraine :p

You know, sometimes I wonder. I really do. It wasn't enough to have all these other issues, including a thyroid problem - I had to get migraines too? And I don't get them a few times a month. I get them a few times a week.

But at least I am mostly healthy and warm and all that... a few nauseating, debilitating migraines a week are nothing to complain about, how ungrateful of me.

I have the same problem, I have migraine associated vertigo, dietary changes helped most with that instead of the stupid useless pills that turn you into a vegetable. Have you tried identifying the triggers?

Still coughing my lungs up after two weeks! Hope this virus ends soon!

ImNotMyIllness

I don't know. I kind of feel like I'm in-between emotional states (which ones, I have no idea). Kind of like when you're driving and in the motion of shifting gears......I guess I'm feeling neutral.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Afraid and deeply ashamed... seems to happen everytime ah reach out to family, especially ma mum. Just doesnae want tae hear it! :crying:

So ah just get on wi' life suppressing all ma emotions as best ah can. Keepin' tae myself, no letting people get too close, emotionally. Ah know isolation doesnae help, but ah think it's best if people just avoid me at aw cost, tae be honest.

Sometimes, ah think it'd be best if ah wasnae here - just put me in a psychiatric hospital & throw away the key! Ah wouldnae want tae add tae Scotland's high suicide statistics, anyway - highest rate of suicide compared tae the rest of the UK!

:idontknow: Ah've never been this overwhelmed by depression before...

Lea

Banned
Sorry, if am bring the forum down with ma negativity. :sad:

Eh, well...surgery is an option to "fix" ma cerbral palsy to some extent. But ah don't know if that's just me makin' up for lost time? Since I'm approaching 25 years old, and feel like I missed out on a lot of stuff during ma teenage years, as a result of ma disability get worse when I was about 12 years old. :idontknow:

But ah think most o' ma insecurites are relate to how ah was raised - shelter, mollycoddled upbringing. Kinda f**ks you up - especially when yer mother has a distrust of anyone who isn't family, so it made friends during ma teens difficult to make and maintain. Also, an equally negative, poisonous view of relationships and men doesn't help. And, me, her only son! Ah think ma 2 older sisters turned out a lot better, from a mental and emotional point.

I mean I think I've turned out like my mother - emotional distant, cynical, bitter. Either her or George Costanza from the American sitcom, Seinfeld. In other word, neurotic, self-loathing, and dominated by his parents - yeah, that seems more like me.

Those are just my thoughts, anyway. Ah never really opened up about it much or mention it. Since it quite awkward, or too emotional.

So you are dependent on them to take care of you, because of your disability, so moving out doesn´t come in question? Then I would try the surgery or finding out how to cure it, or make life more manageable.. I would just think of any way to move away because otherwise they won´t stop being abusive will they.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
So you are dependent on them to take care of you, because of your disability, so moving out doesn´t come in question? Then I would try the surgery or finding out how to cure it, or make life more manageable.. I would just think of any way to move away because otherwise they won´t stop being abusive will they.

Surgery would probably be best since there no know cure for cerbral palsy. Though, am kinda reluctant about since I had the same surgery that being suggest to me back when I was 14 & too young for the operation - so didnae make things any better.

Moving away isn't an option at the moment, no. And moving could also create an issue with ma disability benefit? I'd have to see what happens with the surgery when I get - might see about it near the end of 2013, early 2014? Since I don't want to compromise on the music concerts I'd already booked for this summer.

Kinda unsure of things just now. Indecisive, that's me! :eek:h: And I worry about how ah'll cope in the future, amoungst other things. :idontknow:

Srijita52

Afraid and deeply ashamed... seems to happen everytime ah reach out to family, especially ma mum. Just doesnae want tae hear it! :crying:

So ah just get on wi' life suppressing all ma emotions as best ah can. Keepin' tae myself, no letting people get too close, emotionally. Ah know isolation doesnae help, but ah think it's best if people just avoid me at aw cost, tae be honest.

Sometimes, ah think it'd be best if ah wasnae here - just put me in a psychiatric hospital & throw away the key! Ah wouldnae want tae add tae Scotland's high suicide statistics, anyway - highest rate of suicide compared tae the rest of the UK!

:idontknow: Ah've never been this overwhelmed by depression before...

Hang in there Graeme. You can go through it ((hugs))
As for me, I've been crying for a while. I've an important exam tomorrow in which I was to present a project that I've been working so hard for more than a few weeks. Just heard that someone ruined the instrument I was supposed to use for presenting my project. It can't be fixed tomorrow so I've to either figure out something else or fail miserably. I don't know what I'm supossed to do in one night! Meh I don't think I'll make it.

Roman Legion

I really wish somebody would just walk up out of nowhere when I least expect it and shoot me in the face. I am so burned out that I do not care about anything. I was supposed to go to class today, but I just kept going back to sleep instead of making the 80 mile round trip to class and back. I just could not bring myself to do it today. tomorrow is my guitar class, maybe I will have more luck then? I am not even considering consequences for any of my actions anymore, I just do not care; pure and unfiltered apathy. I am tired of walking half dressed outside or driving down the road to a petrol station, resturaunt or business to use the bathroom or the gym to bathe. I am tired of being told what to do, how to do it and so on. Basically, I am just so weary of life at this point and feel I am at a breaking point after years of all this (My entire 23 years of existence.) and see a bleak future as I look back and see a dreary past. I can go on with this, but you get how I feel, maybe not the full picture, but part of it.

Kiwong

I feel despair and loneliness when I am around people
I feel free to dream and create when I am alone

MikeyC

As for me, I've been crying for a while. I've an important exam tomorrow in which I was to present a project that I've been working so hard for more than a few weeks. Just heard that someone ruined the instrument I was supposed to use for presenting my project. It can't be fixed tomorrow so I've to either figure out something else or fail miserably. I don't know what I'm supossed to do in one night! Meh I don't think I'll make it.
Why would someone ruin the instrument? Seems a bit pointless. Good luck for tomorrow's exam. I hope it can be salvaged.

jaim38

Feeling pissed off. When you hire a Kid, what do you expect? That the Kid will somehow perform miracles? The Kid has virtually no work experience. The Kid needs a little hand holding, of course. The Head isn't always right. He keeps on rejecting other people's ideas. His ideas seem ridiculous and laughable. He's so stubborn, it's almost impossible to change his mind. The Kid can't change his mind. It takes someone with a Phd, perhaps, to change his mind. After all, the Kid is just a Kid, without a college degree and virtually no work experience; therefore, the Kid is not qualified to make professional opinions.

So many people quitting left and right. I don't know if our executive director is coming back, because we haven't heard from her in a long time. I'm guessing she's quitting too. Yikes.

I really wish somebody would just walk up out of nowhere when I least expect it and shoot me in the face. I am so burned out that I do not care about anything. I was supposed to go to class today, but I just kept going back to sleep instead of making the 80 mile round trip to class and back. I just could not bring myself to do it today. tomorrow is my guitar class, maybe I will have more luck then? I am not even considering consequences for any of my actions anymore, I just do not care; pure and unfiltered apathy. I am tired of walking half dressed outside or driving down the road to a petrol station, resturaunt or business to use the bathroom or the gym to bathe. I am tired of being told what to do, how to do it and so on. Basically, I am just so weary of life at this point and feel I am at a breaking point after years of all this (My entire 23 years of existence.) and see a bleak future as I look back and see a dreary past. I can go on with this, but you get how I feel, maybe not the full picture, but part of it.

Wow, having to drive 80 miles is a lot. Apathy. Sometimes I feel like this too. I am so tired and worn out that I could care less. But what keeps me going is hope. Hope for a better future.