How are you feeling?

this_portrait

I am a little gloomy, but I am also hopeful (about my job search) and feel a little satisfied (even if it is over a material thing like my Macbook being up and running again).

Feeling really rough...

Not sure how I'm going to pay for everything I need to this year AND save money for next year.

My job is really anxiety-provoking. I wish so badly that I never quit the other one I had... never know what you have til it's gone. I'm going to have to work there a lot next summer too, probably... unless I find another job :idontknow: :crying:

Stressing about the need to make friends at community college but doubtful I'll succeed (I hope I prove my doubtful self wrong!)

Apparently two of my foreign coworkers are heading back home sooner than they originally planned. They were supposed to come back to work after their NYC trip but I found out they aren't working any more and at least one is leaving tomorrow :( I'll miss them terribly.

Basically just feel like utter sad lonely stressed crap. And PMSing. I just want a movie and some laughs with a friend :sad:

springk

I wish life was like a movie. You had a career/partner/everything working out/where you succeed after fighting your problems. This doesn't happen , everyday seems like a battle.
Don't know why feel so bad, after constantly telling myself that i will not give up i get to the this point where i don't know what it is that i am trying to achieve.

MikeyC

Feeling really rough...
Hope you feel better! With any luck these current feelings are more to do with PMS than depression, and they'll be gone soon. Look for some other jobs if you think it'll be better, and even reapply for your last job if possible. You just never know your luck!

I wish life was like a movie. You had a career/partner/everything working out/where you succeed after fighting your problems. This doesn't happen , everyday seems like a battle.
See, this is the problem with movies: people watch them and see that the good guy/hero lives happily ever after at the end after successfully getting through adversity.

We feel like the heroes of our own lives, and therefore we expect the same thing, only to realise to our own horror that it doesn't quite work out that way. Yet we still expect it. Not having it work out for us means we are angry and upset as to why it's not happening, because we deserve it for ploughing through our own troubles.

I read somewhere that movies are why men are starting to hate women, because men get the girl at the end, so we think we are deserved of a woman, so when that doesn't happen, we get angry at women because it's their fault. I wish I could find that article.

springk

See, this is the problem with movies: people watch them and see that the good guy/hero lives happily ever after at the end after successfully getting through adversity.

We feel like the heroes of our own lives, and therefore we expect the same thing, only to realise to our own horror that it doesn't quite work out that way. Yet we still expect it. Not having it work out for us means we are angry and upset as to why it's not happening, because we deserve it for ploughing through our own troubles.

I read somewhere that movies are why men are starting to hate women, because men get the girl at the end, so we think we are deserved of a woman, so when that doesn't happen, we get angry at women because it's their fault. I wish I could find that article.

Yes we feel angry and upset because we hope we get what we deserve as we are working so hard for it.
I am not sure if i have tried my best:eek: Or even tried anything! I know i have tried but i also know that my efforts are not big enough to get to what i want or more correctly Do i even know what i want:crying:

Well i have not watched a movie since ages..!

Oh and Mickey All the best for the test . Its three months ,isn't it? I got a test soon , and i don't feel like studying ,its more like i don't feel like giving any exam.

MikeyC

Yes we feel angry and upset because we hope we get what we deserve as we are working so hard for it.
I am not sure if i have tried my best:eek: Or even tried anything! I know i have tried but i also know that my efforts are not big enough to get to what i want or more correctly Do i even know what i want:crying:

Well i have not watched a movie since ages..!

Oh and Mickey All the best for the test . Its three months ,isn't it? I got a test soon , and i don't feel like studying ,its more like i don't feel like giving any exam.
Exactly. Even though you say you're not trying, still feel worthy of something good, as does everyone. It's just how we are. :) Once you think about what you want out of life, and you have the determination to make it happen, I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.

Yes, November 2 is the test. Thank you. Good luck on your test! :thumbup:

Was this the article you meant?
5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women | Cracked.com in #5

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
:kickingmyself: Aaaarrgh! Ah hate feelin' like ah cannae (can't) express how am feelin'. Or more tae the point verbalise ma anger. Should I, shouldn't I? If ah do so, are ma family just gonnae laugh as per usual since they're incapable of taken ma concerns n' feelings seriously? :sad:

Need tae find an outlet fur aw this anger, bitterness and resentment that's buildin' up inside o' me. Ah would scream out loud but, comin' fae me, that's just effin' absurd - a quiet lad like me... screamin'? :shyness:

springk

Feeling like crap! Ahh i HATE PEOPLE HERE , How superficial ! Why on earth do i live here. If only i had some money ..i would go elsewhere..probably some island or at least a small country with small population.
Why i am ranting. This will not help.
Seriously..i can see why i am so lonely..who cares for anyone when your busy with thousand people in your family and superficial friends..where is any real connection!!

springk

:kickingmyself: Aaaarrgh! Ah hate feelin' like ah cannae (can't) express how am feelin'. Or more tae the point verbalise ma anger. Should I, shouldn't I? If ah do so, are ma family just gonnae laugh as per usual since they're incapable of taken ma concerns n' feelings seriously? :sad:

Need tae find an outlet fur aw this anger, bitterness and resentment that's buildin' up inside o' me. Ah would scream out loud but, comin' fae me, that's just effin' absurd - a quiet lad like me... screamin'? :shyness:

I know graeme.
I wish i can scream..just scream as loud as i could..why isn't any forest nearby? Do you have any forest near you?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Feeling like crap! Ahh i HATE PEOPLE HERE , How superficial ! Why on earth do i live here. If only i had some money ..i would go elsewhere..probably some island or at least a small country with small population.
Seriously..i can see why i am so lonely..who cares for anyone when your busy with thousand people in your family and superficial friends..where is any real connection!!

Seems like naebody (no-one) cares about people, doesn't it? Quite sad, really?

Small country with a small population. :thinking: Yeah that sounds like Scotland. :giggle:

Oh! And there's nothin' wrong with a wee, small rant now and again. Ye feel better after it, will I certainly do! But then ah come from a dysfunctional family, so am kinda used tae rants & emotional charged arguments. It's no healthy keepin' everythin' bottled up inside, believe me, ah've tried that. Granted the selective mutism doesn't help, but still... :idontknow:

I know graeme.
I wish i can scream..just scream as loud as i could..why isn't any forest nearby? Do you have any forest near you?

A forest? There use to be... but not anymore.

springk

selective mutism??

Scotland sounds good, Any quiet place will do. Ahh my brain hurts..wish i could just shut it off. And i hate people who just magically transform themselves and i can't do a thing. Or may be those people are made of different material than me.

Can you move out? If you don't feel like living with them?

dottie

modern society is weird