How are you feeling?

Re: heads

Feeling sick and tired of these pulsating migraine headaches. The left side if my head feels like it's being stabbed and my whole head is throbbing. Nothing I know of or currently have access to works for them, nothing. I was supposed to get a prescription for the sumatriptan nose spray, which is the ONLY thing I've ever tried that greatly lessened the pain, but somehow the pharmacy said the prescription didn't exist or got cancelled. What? Why does everything have to be complicated. Efffff these headaches, they make it hard to function.
^ Sorry to hear your pharmacy is causing you more trouble than necessary, Psych. :thumbdown:
The only migraine medication that has ever worked for me is called "Naramig", it's naratriptan tablets 2.5mg. Don't know how much they would cost in your country but it is very expensive here. But it is worth it, they were the only one that got rid of them for me.

^ Sorry to hear your pharmacy is causing you more trouble than necessary, Psych. :thumbdown:
The only migraine medication that has ever worked for me is called "Naramig", it's naratriptan tablets 2.5mg. Don't know how much they would cost in your country but it is very expensive here. But it is worth it, they were the only one that got rid of them for me.

Speaking of migraines, I haven't been getting them much anymore. They seem to come and go in cycles. I used to get them almost every day. Now when I do get one, which is a few times a month, I take a half dose of Excedrin and it knocks it out, no prescription necessary. Weird but I'm so glad!

Not that it helps anyone with migraines here - which seems to be a lot of people. I wonder if they're mostly anxiety-caused (ie stress).

Last edited:

Speaking of migraines, I haven't been getting them much anymore. They seem to come and go in cycles. I used to get them almost every day. Now when I do get one, which is a few times a month, I take a half dose of Excedrin and it knocks it out, no prescription necessary. Weird but I'm so glad!

Not that it helps anyone with migraines here - which seems to be a lot of people. I wonder if they're mostly anxiety-caused (ie stress).
^Mine are definitely stress related.
You are very lucky a painkiller that does not require a prescription fixes yours.:thumbup:
Only prescription pain relief + migraine tablet helps mine.

All-day shitty.

I didn't sleep well and I chased that with some bad dietary choices.

But indigestion finds me, and shall find me... unafraid. :)

^I actually envy people who get indigestion!

No matter what bad dietary choices I make, I never get it. :idontknow: My stomach lining must be made of some human tissue equivalent of titanium.

I wish I did so it would help with deterring me from doing it again............maybe. :giggle:

The only thing that gets me to the point were I can say "I don't give a damn" is extreme anger.
Not saddness, fear, impatience, anxiety, embarrassment, happiness, confusion..........only anger. I am worried about what I might do one day if I am pushed too far in terms of feeling anger.

(resisting the temptation to add a joke about The Incredible Hulk would be much appreciated :bigsmile:)

I'm going to just crawl off somewhere and wait to die. If only it were that ****ing easy. Just close your eyes and drift, no more distress. I'm a mess no one wants to or should have to deal with, including myself. Which is why I won't tell anyone I know about these feelings, I won't say a word. It's not new anyway. It will pass eventually, although it's been a while on and off and may continue to be because I don't have a cure for whatever mysterious ****ed up things ail me.

Who ****ing cares though, right? WHO CARES. Snap out of it, get over it, stop having a pity party. Always great advice.

Last edited:
I'm going to just crawl off somewhere and wait to die. If only it were that ****ing easy. Just close your eyes and drift, no more distress. I'm a mess no one wants to or should have to deal with, including myself. Which is why I won't tell anyone I know about these feelings, I won't say a word. It's not new anyway. It will pass eventually, although it's been a while on and off and may continue to be because I don't have a cure for whatever mysterious ****ed up things ail me.

Who ****ing cares though, right? WHO CARES. Snap out of it, get over it, stop having a pity party. Always great advice.
^On the contrary, I believe people who expect someone who is hurting to just "get over it" or "stop having a pity party" is selfish.

People need to get their emotions "out" for their health. Those that don't and keep their negative feelings bottled up inside will end up doing a lot of damage to their mental and physical heath in the long run imo.

Who has any right to stop you expressing your feelings of despair? I think that the "suck it up" attitude comes from people who don't want to bother helping anyone out by providing a listening ear and comforting words of advice.
Let it out. That's what this place is for, we care because many of us here understand what your talking about.

^On the contrary, I believe people who expect someone who is hurting to just "get over it" or "stop having a pity party" is selfish.

People need to get their emotions "out" for their health. Those that don't and keep their negative feelings bottled up inside will end up doing a lot of damage to their mental and physical heath in the long run imo.

Who has any right to stop you expressing your feelings of despair? I think that the "suck it up" attitude comes from people who don't want to bother helping anyone out by providing a listening ear and comforting words of advice.
Let it out. That's what this place is for, we care because many of us here understand what your talking about.

Well I've been told I just want attention, that I like being miserable, that I think too much, I want to be a victim, and that it's as simple as choosing to feel fine. As if I enjoy struggling with depression and anxiety or it gets me loads of attention and I just love it. Sure, sometimes I do things that make it worse - don't we all? But lately I've tried so hard to feel better on my own and it's not working and the things people have said to me make me think I just like to be this way, I like to wallow in despair and worry. But I also know that isn't true, it's just the depression talking and people's ignorance or unkindness. Depression and anxiety have haunted me since I was very young and I didn't choose them then and certainly didn't romanticize them, they were just painful and confusing.

Anyway thanks Blue, sorry for ranting. I can't talk to anyone about it because they're sick of it and there's nothing they can do to help.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
^I actually envy people who get indigestion!

No matter what bad dietary choices I make, I never get it. :idontknow: My stomach lining must be made of some human tissue equivalent of titanium.

I wish I did so it would help with deterring me from doing it again............maybe. :giggle:

The only thing that gets me to the point were I can say "I don't give a damn" is extreme anger.
Not saddness, fear, impatience, anxiety, embarrassment, happiness, confusion..........only anger. I am worried about what I might do one day if I am pushed too far in terms of feeling anger.

(resisting the temptation to add a joke about The Incredible Hulk would be much appreciated :bigsmile:)

Well, I ate a whole large pizza from Pizza Hut by myself in one sitting, and washed it down with half a gallon of Mcdonald's sweet tea, so... get to it and tell me what happens, ha ha.

As much as I hate to admit it, my brother and I really aren't that different in this regard - we're both killing ourselves slowly, it's just that he uses booze and drugs and I use delicious, artery-clogging food. Incidentally, yesterday was the worst day I've had for depression in a while, I had to draw the shades and watch horror movies to get over it.

As far as not giving a darn, my militant helplessness is a constant, it's just my default setting, you have to twist it with pliers to get it to move, and then it always snaps right back.

BLUE DAYS SMASH!!!!!!!

nodejesque

I feel like shit. Lately I'd been doing OK... Working out, feeling healthy, sleeping better. Then today, it's like I got hit by a truck. I got out of bed and got ready to for a walk, then just started crying. Ive made the changes suggested, Ive tried to change myself... But it's just a part of me. I'm exhausted. Tired of pretending.

I know it sounds selfish.... But sometimes I wish I wouldn't wake up anymore. Today is one of those never ending torturous days.

EscapeArtist

I feel like shit. Lately I'd been doing OK... Working out, feeling healthy, sleeping better. Then today, it's like I got hit by a truck. I got out of bed and got ready to for a walk, then just started crying. Ive made the changes suggested, Ive tried to change myself... But it's just a part of me. I'm exhausted. Tired of pretending.

I know it sounds selfish.... But sometimes I wish I wouldn't wake up anymore. Today is one of those never ending torturous days.

Sorry to hear that :( I think those days are going to come around and feel more intense out of contrast when you're doing well. Sometimes it's good to have an emotional outlet, so that you can get that energy out and expressed. Idk about you, but it's the bundle of extreme emotions that feel impossible to get out that hold me back sometimes from picking life back up. You're improving your quality of life gradually and that takes guts so kudos!

Kiwong

Every word or whisper I think is being said about me. So many nights fearing the next day and the worst will happen. Counting the days again this week.

nodejesque

Sorry to hear that :( I think those days are going to come around and feel more intense out of contrast when you're doing well. Sometimes it's good to have an emotional outlet, so that you can get that energy out and expressed. Idk about you, but it's the bundle of extreme emotions that feel impossible to get out that hold me back sometimes from picking life back up. You're improving your quality of life gradually and that takes guts so kudos!

Well, I'm trying. But you are right... it does seem to be the extreme emotions, that when finally dealt with, have the power to undo most progress. I am trying to be better though. Some days it is just not possible though.

Depressed. There's just no way. I want to live on my own, but that would require the minimum wage and a full time job. Both of which are unachievable.

I looked around and hoped to find something super small in my price range, but there's just nothing.