How are you financially supporting yourself from home?

WearyChild

I was just wondering if any agoraphobics have found real ways to support themselves with financial aid. I am unable to get financial aid and somewhat opposed to the idea as it is so it would be nice to hear some ideas from people who actually do the things they are suggesting.

WeirdyMcGee

nope~
my mom is supporting me because otherwise I'd be homeless.
Ontario works refuses to give me any money because I'm living with my mom and don't have the ability to look for a job and apparently, although this condition has lasted 8 years and will probably continue on for the rest of my life and I'm going to doctors and therapists and psychologists for therapy and treatment- my agoraphobia is not classed as a disability.
Excellent.

I try to do freelance work as much as possible but I really doubt I'll ever make enough money to support myself from that.

My dad is on disability and he is agoraphobic-- but I think they decided to financially aid him because he is 50+ years old and was living in an abandoned building/ tent for like 10 years.

WearyChild

nope~
my mom is supporting me because otherwise I'd be homeless.
Ontario works refuses to give me any money because I'm living with my mom and don't have the ability to look for a job and apparently, although this condition has lasted 8 years and will probably continue on for the rest of my life and I'm going to doctors and therapists and psychologists for therapy and treatment- my agoraphobia is not classed as a disability.
Excellent.

I try to do freelance work as much as possible but I really doubt I'll ever make enough money to support myself from that.

My dad is on disability and he is agoraphobic-- but I think they decided to financially aid him because he is 50+ years old and was living in an abandoned building/ tent for like 10 years.
Are you with the CMHA? My friend is with them and although it took awhile they got her OW and now they are trying to get her Ontario Disability. Maybe something to look into if your interested in that.

Kathryn.fr

For now... my bfs paying my rent til we find me some means of income. Still finding a place for me to rent though -.-

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Parents (hate that at my age), my trusty credit card... the bank I just robbed the other day err... I mean... *hops off*

rustyrus303

yeah thats good i try'n write poetry but most of the time just inside my head when im upset... :) i always look for other poems on the net, i like poetry! rofl

Giddy

I own a dog washing business and prior to that I used to do aged care (mostly for people with dementia). I find that if I have a 2 day weekend I find it very hard to go to work. My job doesn't involve much people contact (most of the customers are at work and I just help myself to their dogs) but I don't want to leave my home. But as I have children I don't have much choice.