How Are You Sabotaging Yourself?

Klonoa

Procastinating. Big time.

To not face the fact I'm not as good as I'd want to be.

And when I want to try, I get scared, and nervious, I feel anxious...

... and then I procastinate.

;_;

ImNotMyIllness

Procastinating. Big time.

To not face the fact I'm not as good as I'd want to be.

And when I want to try, I get scared, and nervious, I feel anxious...

... and then I procastinate.

;_;

I think procrastination begins with fear. We fear an outcome, so we postpone it as long as possible. Gradually, it becomes a habit. We begin avoiding things that bring about discomfort. It could be something as simple as cleaning our house.

The way to beat procrastination (I think) is to go through your fear and endure the discomfort.

----Procrastination is a hard habit to unlearn. Especially when we're so savvy at rationalizing our avoidance. Distractions are always a click away. I've been working on this and slowly making progress.

MikeyC

I know from personal experience that eating poorly makes me more upset, yet I still do it. And when I feel bad, I eat worse, because I don't care. Repeat.

One way or another, I believe we are all sabotaging ourselves. Maybe we're afraid of change. Either way it's crap and I have a long way to go yet.

ImNotMyIllness

I think a lot of us have issues with our appearance. Excluding those disfigured, for most of us, that is one of the biggest lies we believe and tell ourselves.

ImNotMyIllness

Oh, you better believe it. :eek:mg:

I went through some pictures of myself after High School. I was a good looking and sweet kid. Why did I hate my appearance so much?! That makes me mad! I refused to take pictures back then (and now), people had to force me.

I never believed compliments but I did listen to insults!

I might be older now, but I'm going to learn to like my appearance.

----still working on this.

MikeyC

I went through some pictures of myself after High School. I was a good looking and sweet kid. Why did I hate my appearance so much?! That makes me mad! I refused to take pictures back then (and now), people had to force me.

I never believed compliments but I did listen to insults!

I might be older now, but I'm going to learn to like my appearance.

----still working on this.
That's a great attitude, and I hope you get to become contented with the way you look. :) It's not easy to work on and I am struggling with it, too. I know you can do it!

ImNotMyIllness

That's a great attitude, and I hope you get to become contented with the way you look. :) It's not easy to work on and I am struggling with it, too. I know you can do it!

Let's not give up. It prevents us from asking women out and my lack of self esteem landed me in a bad relationship with a girl who was only more than happy to make me feel bad about myself.

If you don't like (or believe in) yourself, you have a good chance of getting into a relationship with someone who agrees with you!

MikeyC

Let's not give up. It prevents us from asking women out and my lack of self esteem landed me in a bad relationship with a girl who was only more than happy to make me feel bad about myself.

If you don't like (or believe in) yourself, you have a good chance of getting into a relationship with someone who agrees with you!
I have a separate anxiety with women, but I agree that it also contributes to not asking them out.

I'm sorry you were in that relationship, but it seems you learned a lot from it, even if it was a negative experience.

ImNotMyIllness

What exactly happened, if you don't mind me asking?

Basically she was a B**ch. Just about when I was thinking of breaking up, she would become very loving and then switch back.

I was desperate for someone to love me. I romanticized and idealized our relationship. I thought, if only I can become the man she wants, then she'll stay with me.

Find someone who loves you for YOU! If she's not that into you, she's not the right one. Kick her to the curb!

NEXT!

MikeyC

Basically she was a B**ch. Just about when I was thinking of breaking up, she would become very loving and then switch back.

I was desperate for someone to love me. I romanticized and idealized our relationship. I thought, if only I can become the man she wants, then she'll stay with me.

Find someone who loves you for YOU! If she's not that into you, she's not the right one. Kick her to the curb!

NEXT!
Ah, yeah, she was not the right person for you if she wanted to change you. I hope you can find a nicer girl!