How Can I Ask Her Out?

NVN

There is a very cute girl where I work and I have a huge crush on her. I have been working there for over a year so we see each other quite often, but we do not work in the same department. I never get much time to talk to her, usually just a hello in the morning or a few words here and there.

I think she is just as shy as me which really makes me wonder more about the situation. I know that a relationship formed with a coworker could be a bad thing, but I would worry about that when I get there. :D

I am really feeling the urge to go for it and just ask her out for coffee. How would you approach the situation?

I have never been so infatuated with a girl. I almost feel emotions when I see her. ::eek:: Makes me feel alive.

Felgen

How well do you know each other? If you talk to each other frequently when you cross paths, then you've got nothing to lose by asking here out. The whole "3 second rule" is bull**** and most women prefer to know at least something about a guy before she dates him.

Liam17

Just start talking, like with a hello, or how are you? Either way, your most likely going to have to start the conversation.

Newtype

If you talk to her a lot, then I guess it's safe to ask her to do something with you, but if you only exchange one sentence per day, then I would try to find a way to talk to her more.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

There is a very cute girl where I work and I have a huge crush on her. I have been working there for over a year so we see each other quite often, but we do not work in the same department. I never get much time to talk to her, usually just a hello in the morning or a few words here and there.

Yeah, coffee can be a way to talk to her more =) I think she is just as shy as me which really makes me wonder more about the situation. I know that a relationship formed with a coworker could be a bad thing, but I would worry about that when I get there. :D

I am really feeling the urge to go for it and just ask her out for coffee. How would you approach the situation?

I have never been so infatuated with a girl. I almost feel emotions when I see her. ::eek:: Makes me feel alive.

Ive been in your shoes. Except we were at the same store. And I had lots of time to talk with her(s); more time then I should have actually; but - of course you CAN ask her out. Coffee isn't cliche really, it's perfect what I did. Or tried.

Esp if see her in mornings; grabbing a cup of coffee is a great start. Nothing may happen from there, or may, it can just be coffee. If nothing happens you gave it a shot, made progress, and things shouldnt be awk if you dont see her much anyways. Go for it :D

NVN

I really only know her through work and nothing more. That part bothers me. I like asking out girls I already know a little bit better.... but with her something just tells me you have to go after her now or never.

The worst part is not having many opportunities while at work to talk since I obviously only know her through work. I will have to devise a plan.

The other bad part is that I work a basically random schedule and I never know when I will actually see her. I am hoping tomorrow and maybe I will have the guts to do it this time. I had a good chance today and I never used it. Stupid me.

We have plenty to talk about... just steering the conversation in the date direction will be the tough part. I just don't want an epic fail. ::p:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

From experience - start small; talk when get chances; coffee is small start to have more convo a little outside work and get to know better. Dont need to feel pressure to ask her out then or right away - you'll know when the moment is right to possibly ask her on a date or further; whether you take it or not is up to you. You seem to have experience asking girls out by what you said above; so... you got that going for ya =)

dottie

ask her if she wants to meet up for coffee during your lunchbreak, then it's not so much pressure and you can get to know her more that way.

WantToHide

ask her if she wants to meet up for coffee during your lunchbreak, then it's not so much pressure and you can get to know her more that way.

I think this is a very good idea. You can get to know her better and better without any of the awkward expectations of a 'first date'.

be like "going to grab a cup of coffee wana keep me company while I do so"

I think this is a nice casual way of saying it. No pressure, and if she says no because she's too busy or something, there'll be no awkwardness. I think that's the key to getting together with someone, you spend more and more time in each other's company, both feeling relaxed and not under pressure. That way you can get to know each other in an environment where you're both happy. Perhaps after a few lunch-time coffees, you can move on to a coffee or a drink after work. Let us know how it goes!

NVN

If all men were like me the human race would not last very long. I am a complete failure at life.

R3K

gradually add things to your brief conversations as you pass by her department. like linger a few extra seconds to ask her about school/music/stuff. try to gauge if she's accepting your increased attentions, and if she is, then linger a few more seconds longer the next time and maybe try some witty jokes or something. keep building on your momentum and see if she's diggin it or not. eventually it will just happen and you'll bust out a line like "hey we should hang out sometime" like it was second nature and next thing you know you're in the money baby.

WantToHide

If all men were like me the human race would not last very long. I am a complete failure at life.

This is a bit of a change of heart. You were sounding quite optimistic at the start of this thread. Has something happened?