How do I know if I'm Social Phobic???

rj32093

Hello everyone, I am not sure how to ask this but I really need to know. Am I social phobic :?: I am 30 years old and I am axtremely shy and have been since I can remember. I don't know how I became this way but I sure don't like it. I can't seem to be comfortable in crowds, everytime I go somewere I feel like everyone is just looking at me and I feel like they will make fun of me. I have no social life at all, I currently work from home and I don't go out on the weekends. I have a byfriend of 13 years, he is very patient with me, but I think sometimes, when we go out he gets frustrated with me because, for exaple, if we go out to a restaurant, I do place my ordr and all, but if I want something else, I always have him order it for me. or when I go to a department store, I always have him pay. I am always depending on someone else to speak for me. When I go visit his famaly, I can't even start a conversation much less keep one. My boyfriend is the only 'friend" I have, I have never had friends, that was the main reasons I dropped out of high school. I feel so useless and i feel very uncomfortable when someone asks me why I am so quiet :oops: . It has gotten worse since I work from home, the other day, my sister grought home a friend and he was here for about 4 hrs. I spend all that time in the restroom, afraid to show myself. I don't know what to do anymore, I need help but I don't know wher to go. :cry:

nate1956

hi

it sounds like it to me. do you get nervous when around people? you are quiet? keep to yourself? thinking people are always judging you and afraid to say something because you might think its wrong to say?

good luck

Septor

Well it sound like you have social anxiety or social phobia to me to.I think your best option is to first read up on sa or sp on the internet as much as possible and then read these forums.Then you should seek some professional help.I think it would do you a world of good to talk to a therapist about your feeling and problems as scary as that sound.If you can't go by your self have your boyfriend help you.I think it would help you a lot to get input from a therapist because there is definitely something going on.

Good luck on what you decide to do and there are always people here that are willing to listen and help you out.

Im not a doctor or a therapist but I will still diagnose you. You have SA and SP. I went to a therapist a few times and ended up quiting cause she only made it worse and she knew less about SA and how to help it than I do. Therapy isn't for everyone.

Septor

mindovermatter77 said:
Im not a doctor or a therapist but I will still diagnose you. You have SA and SP. I went to a therapist a few times and ended up quiting cause she only made it worse and she knew less about SA and how to help it than I do. Therapy isn't for everyone.

Well it's true that going to a therapist is not for everyone but I think that everyone should at least give it a chance.It might help.It might not but at least give it chance.