How do you face the fear of blushing?

MelissaQu

There's a phobia center at a local hospital near where I live. They offer a Public Speaking/Social Anxiety workshop. I went to the first free class in the early spring and was so freaked out that I decided not to enroll in the class. But this class is something that could possibly help me get over the fear.

My question is, how do you actually face the fear? Does anyone have the fear of blushing here? It's called erythrophobia. I hate turning red, but my therapist keeps saying that I need to turn red in order to get over it. So I have to put myself in situations like that.

What do you all think? Have any of you tried facing this fear?

sidney

Yes i have erythrophobia aswell, once wen i was in class my teacher was hangng over my shoulder reading my work i went very red as i felt as though he was judging me and was about to say my work was really bad,so i sat back in my chair,took deep breaths and sorta let it cum over me. i embraced it and it got better the redness went away.sometimes wen we try to hide it we panic more so accepting might make it easier on you,just sit back and go "c'mon redness do ur worst" :D let me know how it goes

oszapo

Hi,when i gone to my first session of hypnotherapy i had to go red and i hated it so much as i go red too many times so i dont want to more often.But it might help as after you will feel maybe better.Probably she will help you to change the way you think about it afterwords.
Good luck!

MelissaQu

I think I just might do this class. I'm really close to calling. I'm going to ask my boss tomorrow if I can leave a half and hour early every Thursday to go to this class. I'm hoping she'll say no, which I know she won't! So there goes that excuse!

There's just something about letting myself get scared, it's so uncomfortable. The class is between an hour or an hour and a half. The problem is that he calls on you randomly, I hate that!