How important is grooming?

Riiya

Being groomed just means that you don't look like a homeless man (no offense, fellas, but you all do look horrible). Forget what women prefer, if you don't groom yourself you're essentially reducing the number of people who would want to make eye contact with you. Yes, it's important to groom.

Dirty Hippies

If you stay inside all the time and never go anywhere, then it doesn't really matter. If you want people to meet you then I guess it's sort of really important.

Sure_whynot

Its not only important to women. Its important to yourself, for your own personal Value.

Things like guys shaving their whole body is unnecessary, but basic teeth brushing is important to anyone. =]

Riiya

paperbag-head.jpg

There's the alternative. People won't stop bothering you, but you're not going to have to make eye contact with any of them.

Danfalc

Banned
Is important to groom? Do women prefer groomed men?

It does depend what you mean by grooming lol ;) But ill go out on a limb here and say overall most sex's prefer someone who takes the time to groom themselves and make and effort with their appearance.

I think there's different degrees- certainly the most basic of keeping yourself clean is a must. But some people also prefer hair combed, make-up, clean shaven, or neatly trimmed beard/mustache, fingernails trimmed, smell nice, etc. Depends on the individual.

Yes. Someone who makes the effort about how they look, and that doesn't have to mean being conceited or vain, will be infinitely more attractive than someone who doesn't take care of themselves. It just means being clean and being dressed neatly and having washed hair, that's all that's needed really!

Perfidion

Incredibly important. Make the best of what you've got. Dress well, get a decent haircut and make an effort to smell nice. And by "smell nice", I don't mean employing your naturally masculine odour to attract a mate. A woman's sense of smell is superior to that of a man, so if you reek of cigarettes and stale sweat, the only thing you'll attract are clouds of flies. Or women with no sense of smell.

Errordotocx

I'd say it's very very important. I used to not think it wasn't all that big of a deal back in high school. But since i've left I have learned several things and one is to stay clean. Although I try not to overdo it. I always try to look the best I can before I go out anywhere social.

Morgan01

I think basic grooming is very important. I like guys who look pretty neat.
Turn offs would be.. not shaving, shaggy hair, bad teeth...
Also , I don't like guys that try too hard, put gel in their hair, wear expensive jeans, have to get "ready" to run an eran.
my boyfriend wears slippers everywhere exept work and basketball.
If a guy tries harder than me, it's a no go

Joolin

Important, but can be dangerous in excess. Someone who obviously spends too much time on their appearance can be very off-putting.

Satine

I suppose it depends on the extent to which you mean grooming. I think most would say that basic grooming is pretty much essential in a partner - a bath/shower every other day, at least reasonably clean hair, a wipe of deodorant, and facial hair that looks 'kept' - no wildman beards, I mean.

But if you're talking about a man who grooms so obsessively that he never leaves the bathroom... no, I find that overkill.