how much time do you spend at home?

Argamemnon

recluse said:
If it wasn't for work and a friend who i am going to see in Poland tomorrow i'd say that i'd be spending all my time at home.
Wow, you must really like him if you're going to Poland to see him. It would have been slightly easier, if you had a close friend in the UK instead :)

miladin

Banned
I'm at work most of the day, but after that I always go home and spend the rest of the time there. On weekends I am usually at home, except for short walks to grocery's or something like that. On Sundays I go to cafe for coffee, alone or with closest friends (that is the only time I see them - once a week). I also go to video store once in a while, to rent DVD's. I watch lot of movies, alone of course.
I lived 7 years in student hostel, I was craving for loneliness that period. Now, when I finally can afford whole apartment only for myself, it seems that I can't get enough of it, I really enjoy it. Now I realize I have to get out of there and socialize if I want to make something out of my life, but nevertheless it is sometimes very pleasant to spend all day completely alone.

Penfold

Yeah I spend most of my time now at home. Back in my college and uni days I had a fantastic social life and loved it, but in recent years I have drifted away from so many friends - mainly because they have moved on or have been paired off, so with no social life and my confidence problems I spend 99% of my free time at home.
I am starting to get a bit self conscious about it, I feel like my neighbours must know I am a right loner who stays at home all the time. But if you have no one to do stuff with, what can you do? I try and go out to a nice town or city to shop and have a walk about every other weekend. I sometimes go and have a game of golf by myself or go to the sea and have a walk, but I feel so lonely doing things by myself. But if you have no one to do stuff with it really limits what you can do, especially on an evening.

I would love to go to restaurants, go for drinks, go to a concert, go on a holiday, etc - but doing these things by yourself you feel very self conscious that you are by yourself. It is difficult, I think people who have a happening social life don't understand how hard it is when you are by yourself, especially when you lack confidence.

Argamemnon

miladin said:
Now I realize I have to get out of there and socialize if I want to make something out of my life, but nevertheless it is sometimes very pleasant to spend all day completely alone.
I thought you were complaining that you couldn't make friends and felt lonely (maybe I'm confusing you with someone else). At least you have some close friends whom you're seeing every week! I no longer have friends..

I finally realize that not having close friends is my main problem. You can't live without anyone you feel close to..

yuiko

sleepysparrow said:
When I want peace I go outside into the forest or into a field where there is no one around.

yes ,yes..i do the same thing. i love forest and sea..and wind.
so when there is strong wind..i usually go to sea..perfect place for me.