How often do you actually cry?

emptybench

Daily. Sometimes all day long, but in general before sleeping. It's been months since it began, but I'm still able to work, somehow.
About being empty, there was a week in which I was very busy and stopped feeling anything, didn't cry; felt like a robot, which was worse than my sadness. Not sure if it's the same as emptiness, but it was scary.

jayfan

i feel like crying often but rarely ever do . wish i could. it feels good after you cry. in such a bad place right now and things in my life are getting worst. still cant cry.

dannyboy65

I stopped crying a long time ago, I used to cry a lot and now I just don't. I still struggle from bad depression, just it seems no matter how hard I try I can't cry to get the sadness out.

Zaki

Interestingly enough, I've been crying quite a bit lately. Doesn't take a whole lot to make it happen, either. Feels like my sensitivity is coming back.

Monkish1

Crying for me is a warning sign that I am depressed and not thinking or feeling clearly. I'll watch emotional movies just to feel something again, or take some personal time. Been numb before and it was so painful I do not want to go back.

HyperHH

I cry when i get emotional or when haunted by past memories of Love. Sometimes i feel that i have no more tears left. I feel crying is a sort of relief to let go all the sadness out of your mind.

theoutsider

I never cry for some reason. The most that happens is I'll get a lump in my throat and it seems like I want to cry but it doesn't happen.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I cry inside every day.

For the species that we are. For what we could be, but what we have become.

We are a disgrace.

Halym

Banned
I cry sometimes when my depression gets worse.. I have depression.. And it's been four years since I had depression... And I still have it.... It gets worse and worse.. And everytime it gets worse, I cry.. But lately, I have been numbed by this growing depression and I sometimes don't feel anything.... Sadness is a part of who I am now.... To me, happiness is impossible to find... That is one of the reasons why cry..

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I cry sometimes when my depression gets worse.. I have depression.. And it's been four years since I had depression... And I still have it.... It gets worse and worse.. And everytime it gets worse, I cry.. But lately, I have been numbed by this growing depression and I sometimes don't feel anything.... Sadness is a part of who I am now.... To me, happiness is impossible to find... That is one of the reasons why cry..

^ This has been my life for the past 11 years, sadly. :sad:

defiance

i feel as if i'm about to ball my eyes out but i just can't cry. I'm just sad all the time and i can't find any hope in sight. I try to keep myself positive but my depression and anxiety can never let that be. I hope every single person who struggles with these issues finds a way to overcome it one day.

Deco

I've been battling depression for a long time and I used to cry almost every day during my early 20s. But I tried to hide it as much as I could. I think it's twice embarassing if you are man. For most people, we are not supposed to cry, specially in front of others. I even avoided mentioning it to my therapists.

Last edited: