how often do you hang out with friends?

upndwn

I actually have a lot of friends and we hang out several times a week, but for some reason I still feel alone. Most of my friends are in their thirties and all have pretty stable relationships and careers, while I have none of that and struggle just to get through the day. I feel all of my friends drift away more and more each day as family and work takes a higher priority than friendships. It seems like whenever I want to hang out I get rejected more often than not and every rejection feels like a stab in the back.

Edit: Sorry for the negative post, I'm in a dark place right now and needed to vent.

On a more positive note a friend of mine is coming to visit this week and will be staying for a couple of weeks and he'll be bringing his dog so I guess I'm not totally forgotten. ;)

Last edited:

Argentum

Only once or twice in a good month. I only have two people outside of my family I can spend time with, though I've tried to develop more friendships. I only have two friends online, too.

lyricalliaisons

I only have 2 irl friends and one I can't really count because we never talk and she lives in another state. The other one, we have only gotten together twice since November because she has four children.

GraybeardGhost

I used to have a lot of friends. Hung out, partied, played in a band, all that. More recently, the number was reduced to two: one older woman and her son. She was the manager of the flea market where I used to sell stuff. We did a lot of business over the years, and got to be really close, almost like family. We'd go out to eat once in a while, talk on the phone. Friend stuff.

Back in February, he called me up to tell me that she had died. I haven't seen or spoken to him, nor have I socialized or even had a real conversation with any other person since. 2 - 2 = 0.

I do know other people, but I'm sure they've largely forgotten me (or wish they could), and most strangers seem to prefer to remain just that. I'm an outcast in real life, a pariah online. What is left?

YellowBird

i have one close friend so we meet once,sometimes twice every week and with acquaintances 5-6 times a year,it's definitely not enough,if it was my choice i'd like to be with people all the time,i hate being alone and lonely.

YellowBird

and i have one cousin who's 7 years younger than me with whom i feel comfortable and we talk,i don't know if that counts,it's fun but she's young,i never talk about my problems with her.