how old were u when u first started blushing?

MelissaQu

It's funny how a lot of us started blushing around the ages of puberty. As if that period in our lives isn't hard enough!

herringman1

when i was 13..i remember the very day it happing..im almost 61 now and it has not improved..been a life of hell

EveM

I was about 15 and I was shy before but that's what really shattered any confidence I had.

Drew

I was basically born with a blushing problem, I think. As far back as I can remember (around 2 or 3 years old). Of course, I didn't think anything of it until my teens.

I'm in my mid thirties now - that's a lot of blushing episodes :oops:

chinb

first time i can remember was in class is when i was around 10 yrs old and there was a group of like 10 kids talking and suddenly there was a nasty smell... of course i blushed like crazy, even though i did not do it, but because of the thought that someone 'might' thing that i did it.

Lissa1990

I was 11. My coucillor said it might have been starting a new secondary school that triggered it off. Apparently it can be linked to changes in your life.

RedRibbons

Around 16 or 17... I'm not so bad anymore, I hate when I blush in stupid situations unworthy of it. >_> lol, about 2 weeks ago, I saw an old friend from high school.. And I blushed so bad. I think it's cause he was so different... And because of my history during that time as well, and because I am so different now, then I was.

HH

I'm not too sure when it started for me. I think it was around the time I started secondary school but it didn't really bother me as I'd only really blush when having to talk in front of the class. It seems to have gotten a lot worse over the past 1-2 years though, i'm now 28- around the same time my excessive sweating started. I always have at least one blushing episode at work now a day. I can get by but it is doing my head in. :oops:

tool1919

Weird that everyone who's responded started in their teens. I'm 26 now and mine only started about a year ago. I don't even know why. Although i've always been shy and i think in the past year i've only just admitted to myself it is SA. Don't know why the symptoms have only just started though. Now i always worry about blushing and that often triggers it. Sometimes have good days and think its gone, then for no reason have a bad day where it happens heaps.

glowworm

Banned
i'm 23 and although i've always blushed, my severe 'want to kill myself blushing' has only started in the past year.