how severe is yours?

thelostworld

i just wanted to know how severe my anxiety is compared with other peoples'...like today, at school, i couldn't make myself leave my car to go to class... its horrible. i think i've got it as bad as a person can have it. now i've got a speech to make tomorrow..does it ever end? yay :) i love life

scaryfairy

hi
im exactly the same as you. Sometimes I get so terrified i just root to the spot. I dont want to move as im in such fear and im afraid il cause myself to do something (like faint) if I move. it seems stupid thinkin about it now, but im terrified at the time. My dad took me school one mornin and I didnt want to get out the car either!
ScArYfAiRy

zelig619

I can't even go to school.

I'm pretty much at home all the time, and when I do go places I sit in my car trying to persuade myself that everything will be okay.

Crimefish

Hard to say, 'cause I have a lot of problems other than SA. I can't go to school, but I can go anywhere else as long as my mum is there. I've never in my life left home alone. I have friends, but they're all online. I had like three friends offline, but they gave up on me.

Hamble

thelostworld said:
think i've got it as bad as a person can have it. now i've got a speech to make tomorrow..does it ever end? yay :) i love life

How did your speech go in the end?

Elisa

hi..!

pff.. don't worry.. is for time. is not all time in this way..

maybe the next year you are very well.. or better.

.. lucky..! and sorry for my inglish .. :?

D

deleteduser

to thelostworld,
i am exactly the same as you except when i have speeches in school i either sag in the pouring rain in the woods at the back of my school or pretend to be ill.
when i have drama or again, a speech, i either go to extreme lengths to avoid it or go through with it and suffer constantly throughout.
when it is the morning of the dreaded event, i watch my dad drive away in the car with a massive lump in my throat and just want to die!
im only a kid i dont deserve this. what have i done wrong? why cant i be like every other kid? normal.

outis

about a year ago i went to a museum with my brother, his wife, and their kids. i drank just over a pint of whiskey before leaving, about an hour later, at the museum. we saw this machine that took your heart rate. they all rated as normal 60-80 i think, not sure anymore. my heart rate, even after that much whiskey, was 3 times the normal rate. other then that I'm housebound with no friends, can't even talk to my own family, and have had two nervous breakdowns from trying to lead a normal life and going to school.

but at least i got some pizza, so i'm still happy. :wink:

Jenjen

I can't go anywhere that is busy, if i have to go shopping i go at the quietest times and i can not stand in a queue unless someone is with me, i can't use public transport, get in a cab, go to the cinema or restaurants, i have 2 friends who i hardly ever see cos i can't face it, i talk to them online most of the time but i've explained my situation and they are really understanding, basically i can't go anywhere that is busy and i sometimes end up sat in my car not being able to get out. I have a 2 year old son and i really don't want to pass this on to him.m :cry:

Jennie

D

deleteduser

so you didnt go through with it?
that sounds like sumthing i would do.

George

how bad i have i got it?
well put it this way in the past 7 years i can count on 1 hand maybe starting on the other how many people ive interacted with. i just dont do it anymore panic ruins it for me and the hole im in seems bottomless any hope of climbing out is fadeing.

soarer

My SA is extreme I would say. Without taking Xanax I would be house bound unless I was going out with someone and not alone. In fact I doubt that I could even live alone unless I took Xanax. Anyone else have it this bad?