How would you deal with his childish behavior?

shyflower

There is this neighbor in my neighborhood that could not get his way ( it's been about 4 months ago)..there was an event going on and people were allowed to park cars on their property and charge the cars for parking but it was illegal to park them in the street and charge. He came over to my house and asked my Mom at the time again even though his grandson had already asked before and my Mom politely said no. This guy was a real **** and told my Mom that "What if I park cars in the street in front of your house whether you like it or not". I stepped in on that one and told him " the law will be called if you do and besides it is illegal." I did ? the police about it and they did agree it was a public street.. no one can charge for parking cars there. Well.. this neighbor has been in a mood ever since he couldn't get his way and the police even found some nails in the street and pointed the finger at me for putting them there. The police believed my story and did not make me clean them up. I went outside the following night to the truck.. at the end of my driveway and I looked around where the neighbor had claimed the nails were and they were all gone.. no trace. I believe the real culprit came back to get them. Long story.. short.. the neighbor has now been shooting his middle finger at me and my family for over 4 months now. He does not shoot his middle finger unless he is in his car riding down the street and honestly I have gotten real tired of his bull****. I mean come on.. this guy is 30 years older than me and acting like a 2 year old who never got something for Christmas. He has called my family stupid. I really have tried to ignore and when I see him do it.. it really sparks me mad. I have found myself walking out the door now and shooting middle fingers back. What kind of reaction should I have.. what would your reaction be? His immature bullying has got to stop. I know what I am doing to retaliate may not be right or wrong..but things have gone on too long.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
About all you can do is document the harassment by taking photos and videos of his behavior. Then you could present it to the authorities if he ever crosses the line.

Even if he doesn't take things as far as making verbal threats or trespassing, making obscene gestures repeatedly towards you could probably earn him a restraining order, depending on the judge and your area. I imagine the fact that you're a female and have social anxiety would look really bad for him if things were ever brought before a judge.

It'd be best if you didn't engage him anymore though, don't give him anything he could use against you. Maybe take the perspective that you're setting a trap and try not to let him get under your skin. Hopefully he will cool off and things will get better, but be sure to protect yourself in case they don't.

shyflower

yes.. I do think I need to not stoop down to his level.. It's not easy though... I may have to see about tying my fingers together so I will refrain from it... :eek:h: