How would you feel about a hug?

accidentprone

Depends on the context... It wouldn't be too "weird" if you're already close with him -- or even just sharing an intimate moment with him. Just as long as it's not out of nowhere, you can get away with the hug. Mostly.

You also know this guy more than others... What's he like personality wise? If you know him not to be touchy-feely, maybe reconsider hugging him? Ultimately, make sure that it's comfortable for both parties. :p

As for me, I wouldn't mind. I don't have any friends so I haven't hugged in awhile. It's also a great way to become closer to someone... Funny how we westerners perceive a simple act of intimacy "gay." :p

PhantomPod

No, I don't like hugs and I especially would not like a hug from a co-worker.

I am female (in America), so people constantly try to hug me and it is very annoying. Two males shake hands when they greet each other or say goodbye, yet when it is a male and a female, the male feels weird about shaking a female's hand and they feel like they are supposed to go in for the friendly hug. But it annoys me. I want people to only shake my hand when we greet/say goodbye, but no one ever really shakes my hand since I'm female.