Hypersensitivity

Would this lend itself to OCD or to depression or to both?! Even when someone in good humour is taking the piss out me, 7/10 it will sting me and i will feel hurt::(: so you can imagine how i feel when someone is being nasty to me!!.

bsebring

Ya, I've always been thin skinned when people joke around. It's funny for a while then they say something that I've beat myself up for the night before and it hits a nerve.
But to answer your question... stressors lead to different disorders as a way to cope. If they aren't dealt with they can also correlate with other disorders. Kind of like the whole saying "digging yourself deeper in the hole."

BUT...It doesn't have to be that way. You can change your actions and avoid OCD/depression from occurring if you make the proper adjustments in your life.

DespairSoul

Would this lend itself to OCD or to depression or to both?! Even when someone in good humour is taking the piss out me, 7/10 it will sting me and i will feel hurt::(: so you can imagine how i feel when someone is being nasty to me!!.

Yes me to, we are taking stuff to seriously atleast i do because im hypersensitive. Thats mean if someone joke to long on thema wich hurts me or i dont like is a lot seems on me. I cant hide and control my feelings i look soon angry or pissed off and i cant pretend im fine sometimes i try my best to hide it my real feelings but still i think they anyway knows whats going on and happily continue in silly jokes or just ignore me. And later i feel distance to that person wich hurted me. Later i think about it couple days what happends and struggle with my overanalysing thoughts. Those schema of questions is running im head: Do they dislikes me? Do they was joking or they was serious?. And round round like broken tape. Disorders can overlap between each other.

Yes me to, we are taking stuff to seriously atleast i do because im hypersensitive. Thats mean if someone joke to long on thema wich hurts me or i dont like is a lot seems on me. I cant hide and control my feelings i look soon angry or pissed off and i cant pretend im fine sometimes i try my best to hide it my real feelings but still i think they anyway knows whats going on and happily continue in silly jokes or just ignore me. And later i feel distance to that person wich hurted me. Later i think about it couple days what happends and struggle with my overanalysing thoughts. Those schema of questions is running im head: Do they dislikes me? Do they was joking or they was serious?. And round round like broken tape. Disorders can overlap between each other.

I could have wrote that, that's exactly how i feel when it happens::(:::(:::(:

And i can be hypocritical as i have a big mouth and say things without thinking and hurt peoples feelings,piss them off and put my foot in it and have the"I'll say what i want" attitude which im not proud of:(

Last edited:

DespairSoul

Im sorry to hear it i can relate a lot. I can give u advice if come to those situation try focus on something beautiful and maybe think about joke at moment wich really make u smile while they are saying jokes. or imagine they look funny or something(in positive way):D I know is hard but maybe train some good jokes by your self wich u can use and make them smile too?;) They will later admire little your sense of humor and take u diffrently. Thats i try sometimes and helped me few times.

Last edited:
Im sorry to hear it i can relate a lot. I can give u advice if come to those situation try focus on something beautiful and maybe think about joke at moment wich really make u smile while they are saying jokes. or imagine they look funny or something:D I know is hard but maybe train some good jokes by your self wich u can use and make them smile too?;) They will later admire little your sense of humor and take u diffrently. Thats i try sometimes and helped me few times.

Please do:) A lot of times i lash out verbally like"What did you say?"

DespairSoul

U can learn some jokes:)and tell it too. Like do you know this one? Learn some wich they like and use it or change evinroment of frends wich have similar sense of humor. Join some comedy club maybe and learn there? Watch stand up shows can help too if u like it.

missjesss

Banned
yeah when you have s.a you are highly sensitive...

also even without s.a you can be a naturally sensitive person only it's not as bad as s.a ;p

just gotta learn to not think about it and let things get to u learn to move on

yeah when you have s.a you are highly sensitive...

also even without s.a you can be a naturally sensitive person only it's not as bad as s.a ;p

just gotta learn to not think about it and let things get to u learn to move on

Well i dont have S.A i have Depression, Ocd,Paranoia and Generalised Anxiety Disorder.

I like how he pretend shyness and all the time repeat the same what to do=) he is funny to me too.Do you was trying therapy or counseling? Or u fight with it by yourself like me with out help. Missjesss is right u can be sensitive with out having SA, but u say u have these all things u was diagnosted with them?

My Councillor tried CBT with me which did not work and he told me over 6 years ago i had symptoms of OCD,trust me i know i have OCD.

My Dr has wrote Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder on my Sick lines Before and they are hell,Horrible Conditions.

I try to fight it/deal with it myself like you.

DespairSoul

My Councillor tried CBT with me which did not work and he told me over 6 years ago i had symptoms of OCD,trust me i know i have OCD.

My Dr has wrote Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder on my Sick lines Before and they are hell,Horrible Conditions.

I try to fight it/deal with it myself like you.

Maybe u could try start new councilling:) and read books about OCD and treating. Can be a lot of good advices there, read also stories how people
overcoming this can be useful too.::p: I self diagnosted me AvPD but still
doubt i guess i should go therapy by myself.

my mum was hinting about wanting something done and ive always been rubbish at picking up hints and i eventually "clicked" and i said to my mum rather firmly" Why dont you just say to me what wants done and stop hinting" then she said to me "your lazy"

missjesss

Banned
Doesn't matter what you have sensitivity is the same for all of them have you actually been diagnosed by a professional for all of those ? What caused your paranoia if you don't mind me asking ?

Doesn't matter what you have sensitivity is the same for all of them have you actually been diagnosed by a professional for all of those ? What caused your paranoia if you don't mind me asking ?

No Idea what causes my paranoia.

My Councillor told me i have ocd symptoms and that was 6 yrs Ago,i have ocd ,i should know,it's hell.

My DR has put Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder on my sick lines at various times in the past which obviouisly he's diagnosed in my as he's put them down on my Medical Certificates.

On my Latest Medical certificate he's put Generalised Anxiety Disorder on it.

And on my medical report woich i got a copy from when i was at my medical assessment, Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder were mentioned on it.

Last edited:

DespairSoul

missjesss no i dont agree with those sentence sensitivity isnt same for all of them, someone is senstive more and someone else, we have maybe similar issues and are sensitive but someone deal it better some situations someone worse, not all people are same sensitive. By disorders is presence of sensitivity there ofcourse but not same for all of them.

I was talking about my Medical Assessment earler..when i went to it the lady assessing me told me my DR had sent information about me after they contacted him hence my Dr telling them i had Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder and the lady assessing me put that i had Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder on my medical report that got sent to the DWP.

The Councillor who saw me and told me i had symptoms of OCD is A PROFESSIONAL.

I mind when he told me about OCD,i had never heard of it and i went and looked it up and god, it was like looking in the mirror when i read about it. he recommeded to my dr i should be on Ciatropram with me having ocd symptoms(this is 6 years ago) and i got put on it, my dr has never metioned to me about my OCD since.

My Dr has asked me "What causes you to be Paranoid?" and i say truthfully "I dont know".

He just looked at me funny.

Same with Depression, i dont know what causes me to be depressed, i just do not know.