hypnosis

LazerCarp

anyone tried this to get rid off social phobia and if so how successful was it and what method of hypnotherapy did you opt for? Also I developed social phobia a few years ago after being perfectly confident before hand- is this normal?

also whilst im here, any women want a chat?

dazz

My mum actually asked me if i wanted to go to a hypnosis .. thing .. a couple of years ago

She, nor do the rest of my family know that i have SA

They just think im really shy .. :roll:

Anonymous

oh im so annoyed ive lost my phone! i know its in my house but i just cant find it anywhere and its switched off so i cant ring it!! i feel so stupidly upset now! how will i tell the time ? how will i wake up without the phone alarm? how will i get through the day , and get to my lessons on time. how will i ever survive!!!!!!!!!!!!IM GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEE

8) ?

dazz

last post? fuck knows mate, bit random :lol:

I dont know, she asked me, and i replied "NO" then told her to @*&" off :lol:

If i was asked again, i know for sure what i would say..

dazz

I'd say yes..

Around how much would it cost? And is it proven to work?

Im from Scotland m8, and you?

Heading up to bed in a couple, got college in the morning

LazerCarp

it supposedly works on 9 out of 10 people but its fucking expensive, 50 quid a session and it takes 8-12. thats why i came on here- to find out if the info i've been given's actually accurate or not. I really need to get my life on track again and am happy paying money if it's actually working...

GettingThere

LazerCarp said:
anyone tried this to get rid off social phobia and if so how successful was it and what method of hypnotherapy did you opt for? Also I developed social phobia a few years ago after being perfectly confident before hand- is this normal?

I have used self-hypnosis tapes. They worked quite well but after a while the effect wore off and I found it harder to use the tapes mainly because of the repetition of listening to the same thing over and over again. That and using the tapes affected my sleep ('cause I couldn't get to sleep).

So I would think that it would be a useful exercise to visit a professional even if it is only for short term relief.

LazerCarp

the type of hynosis I'm having is a bit different to that, its trying to get into my subconscious and find the cause of the social phobia.

LazerCarp

according to my hypnotist, when you realise the defining moment that caused the social phobia it just kinda goes. he claims to have never had a case where it didnt work but then again he gets 50 quid a session so he would say that.

GettingThere

Regression therapy. It is said to work pretty well, I havn't heard of it being used for SP and it will be interesting to see how it goes for you.

Michelob512

seek said:
Waste of time… If we focus on how and why we developed our social anxiety, and analyze our problems to death it will just make it worst in the end
Not true at all. There are many methods and techniques used to help people with psycological problems, anything ranging from CBT to energy therapy to neuro linguistic programming. A lot of them work, some more than others, but what really matters is how good your therapist is and how well you respond to their methods.

My recommendation is, if you've seen a therapist for more than two sessions and haven't seen any progress, find another one. If a therapist establishes good rapport with you then they can get a lot done no matter what method they use. If you lose confidence in your therapist, they're going to struggle to make any progress with you. Hypnosis works well for some people but not everyone.

LazerCarp

ah well, hopefully it'll work anyhow i don't know what else to do so i'm gonna stick at it for now.

Hamble

I really want to go to a hypnotherapist :p I do think it'll make me more assertive, help me learn to control my nerves in public. Anyone recommend a good one in essex?

Michelob512

MRnomates said:
Conciously i know the trauma is over but my subconcious is replaying this event as if its happening all the time making my body go into a defence mechanism

I can help you! I know the perfect technique for easily curing your problem. Just search the web on google for "nlp" and "phobia cure" and you will find a technique thats designed for exactly your problem. If you don't believe me or have questions, just ask.