I’m bored with life.

andsorry

I’m reevaluating my life again and I find that I’m really bored with it. It’s beginning to feel mundane. I’m finding things no longer keep my interest. I got a dog, but even the little guy can’t keep me happy or content these days. How do you get out the rut when you’ve reached the bottom? :idontknow:

S_Spartan

Ha! I was just now sitting here thinking the exact same thing. I've been experiencing this chronic boredom for about a year now.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Mine ain't letting up:sad:

Same here, I've also had a pretty serious feeling of depression for the past few months, it's not generally such a huge length of time. I do think a lot of my boredom and depression stems from still living with my dad at age 30, hating where I live, being too broke to fix it, and of course being single doesn't help. I'm not sure if moving out will help or not, maybe I'll be happy to be in a cleaner place and by myself, maybe being completely by myself will depress me more, who knows?

S_Spartan

Same here, I've also had a pretty serious feeling of depression for the past few months, it's not generally such a huge length of time. I do think a lot of my boredom and depression stems from still living with my dad at age 30, hating where I live, being too broke to fix it, and of course being single doesn't help. I'm not sure if moving out will help or not, maybe I'll be happy to be in a cleaner place and by myself, maybe being completely by myself will depress me more, who knows?
I understand.
Mine is more like everything seems tedious. Driving is tedious, eating is tedious, the internet is tedious, dealing with people's crap is tedious, television is tedious, work is tedious, I even think that nature itself is tedious.
I used to think this was caused by depression but the older I get the more I start to realize that the world isn't really all that exciting. Maybe I'm just being a realist with the fantasies stripped away.
Sometimes I'll see a younger person all excited about something and I will think "enjoy it while you can"!

Argentum

No idea. I think that's partially the point of a rut. I've been able to break out on occasion simply by trying something different, like putting down essays or working on a novel to write flash fiction instead that only gives me a space of < 1,000 words to work with.

bsammy

moving out will help but then other problems come to the surface, bills et etc...unless u have friends coming over to watch a game or play videogames it can get quite dull..

im in a very bored spot in my life but clueless how to change i..i try to meet new people but it goes nowhere, try new things i dont enjoy..with my limited energy..maybe its just the winter, i dunno..

bsammy

I understand.
Mine is more like everything seems tedious. Driving is tedious, eating is tedious, the internet is tedious, dealing with people's crap is tedious, television is tedious, work is tedious, I even think that nature itself is tedious.
I used to think this was caused by depression but the older I get the more I start to realize that the world isn't really all that exciting. Maybe I'm just being a realist with the fantasies stripped away.
Sometimes I'll see a younger person all excited about something and I will think "enjoy it while you can"!

lol i always am thinking that when i see a young kid all enthusiastic at the shopping market(ugghh)im like 'man, u better soak this up and bathe in it now'...who does live an exciting life, we arent being realistic, most people i know live busier lives than us but they arent more exciting..most of us are just living the grind..

NamiraWilhelm

Yes, totally agree. I've wasted 6 years of my youth being complacent and 'safe'.

Which is why I'm taking voluntary redundancy at work. Now I have now choice but to make a change! First stop, five months in Madagascar. Argh etc.

simona

I have a tedious full-time job because of which I had to interrupt a Master I was eager to study. It's not just about the overwhelming routine of this job, but also the fact that it's really difficult for me to face the daily social situations. Now the only escape from real I have found in watching lots of movies and learning a new language.

dannyboy65

I find I've been living in a shell which isn't really good. All I do is game and watch Tv series. So recently I signed up to volunteer at an animal shelter. I also am going to check with the autism foundation I'm a part of to see if I can get a part time job to work at every Friday.

Deco

I'm very bored too. I find it umbelieveably hard to restart my social life after 30.
But there was a time a lot of people would befriend and wanted to hang out with me.
I had a lot of friends until my late 20s.
Everytime I see someone in their 20s, saying that they are depressed and want to go into hermit mode I say just don't do it. I regret isolating myself in 2011.

anomicdeer

Same here. I have a child and that makes me worse. Single parents seems to have motivation from that but not me...

bsammy

Same here. I have a child and that makes me worse. Single parents seems to have motivation from that but not me...

i do find that strange as i would think being a single parent with a child would be ideal to changing up your life through your kids activities...you could meet other people and just go from there??

my biggest problem is i lack a wide variety of interests...i only have 2-3 interests so that doesnt help matters..

S_Spartan

i do find that strange as i would think being a single parent with a child would be ideal to changing up your life through your kids activities...you could meet other people and just go from there??

my biggest problem is i lack a wide variety of interests...i only have 2-3 interests so that doesnt help matters..

Wow. 2 or 3?!???!

I got none!

I have to force myself to do stuff now

When I was younger I used to get very bored and tired of living in a mind numbing rut.

Now I am much older and have lived through so much stress......I love and appreciate "being bored"!! :thumbup:

From my experience, I just want to say be very careful what you wish for. Sometimes the grass you assumed was greener on the other side of where you are can end up being worse than the rut you were in. Just be careful and don't make a major change too quickly is all I am suggesting. :)

anomicdeer

Meet other people?
Oh that was simple :/

Metal_isthe_Answer

moving out will help but then other problems come to the surface, bills et etc...unless u have friends coming over to watch a game or play videogames it can get quite dull..

im in a very bored spot in my life but clueless how to change i..i try to meet new people but it goes nowhere, try new things i dont enjoy..with my limited energy..maybe its just the winter, i dunno..

That wouldn't be too new for me, I really just have one friend I frequently do things with. I do think the biggest cause of the depression is the living environment. My dad's the kind of guy who leaves cartons or food on the counter, he cuts meat on the counter. The tile is missing in part of the kitchen, the a/c doesn't work so we use window units (it looks really white trash to me, but its better than no a/c), he tracks dirt all over the floors and leaves what ever spills on the floor there. I could go on.

I also find myself with a very strong sense of apathy. I almost remember the exact day I just gave up and stopped caring, it's like I'm just constantly going through the motions now. So for example, I need to get a job to pay for my car, but sending out 2 or 3 dozen resumes and applications and not hearing back from a single one just kind of gives me a "why bother" approach to it. Sometimes it feels like the managers just see my name and go "nope, not this guy," like my name is tainted or something.