I AM GOING TO THE ARMY SOON!

IcanDoIt

OK, i'll be going to the army this friday!

so i will be hardly around here. and army completes in 2 years time.

so if i am deployed to a unit where i can book out only the weekends, there goes my time for socialphobiaworld, damn.

it has been a year since i start browsing socialphobiaworld.

and many things have changed. i started out as a feeble minded, jittery, low in self confidence kid, but i have overcome all these.

i emphatise with my friends here who are experiencing SA. it is like 99% impossible to overcome, i understand that, and you may need that a bit of spark to let the motivation burn to fill in that 1 %.

i really wish i could reach out to everyone here, but i know that is not possible. even giving advises is not helpful, let alone be cured. all i can provide is hope, that glance of hope that may one day spark that motivation to condamn SA for good.

i wish all my buddies the best, and should you need any support whatsoever, you can always count on me.. :D

regards,

the one that conquered SA

magda74

I didn't get a chance to get to know you, but I wish you a successful 2 years and a safe return.
All my best,
Magda

black_mamba

IcanDoIt said:
i wish all my buddies the best, and should you need any support whatsoever, you can always count on me.. :D

regards,

the one that conquered SA

Wow, good for you, and good luck with everything. :)

Don't forget to let us know how the army turns out for you, if you get the chance of course. :)

IcanDoIt

magda74 said:
I didn't get a chance to get to know you, but I wish you a successful 2 years and a safe return.
All my best,
Magda

thanx a lot for that input buddy, appreciate it.

and yea, army's gonna be hell. it either breaks or makes you.

you want to know how bad it is mentally? i want to say this, but the army will chase me for revealing this.

how bad it is physically? you'll lose kilos and kilos no matter what you eat. no doubt about that.

and mamba, thanks for that luck too. i probably need it. :wink:

nighthawk

Hi Icandoit,

I've never talked to you, but have read a few of your posts and recently saw your blog. I really like your positive attitude and think it is great how, though your SP still rises its ugly head-now and then-, you've found ways to face your challenges and persevere. It's an inspiration.

Also, I wanted to say good luck in the army. From your blog, it sounds like you've been preparing physically for a long time. All that working out (and table tennis lol)

Stay Safe

PEACE

sensitive

Hey IcanDoIt, wish you good luck you must be a good friend. I guess you are not going to battles, try not to shot/kill anybody if you are going to fight :p .

IcanDoIt

nighthawk said:
Hi Icandoit,

I've never talked to you, but have read a few of your posts and recently saw your blog. I really like your positive attitude and think it is great how, though your SP still rises its ugly head-now and then-, you've found ways to face your challenges and persevere. It's an inspiration.

Also, I wanted to say good luck in the army. From your blog, it sounds like you've been preparing physically for a long time. All that working out (and table tennis lol)

Stay Safe

PEACE

WOW! really appreciate that comment buddy! yea, overcoming SA is about an overall mental makeover. you cant specifically spot reduce the severity of SA. ah well, talk about this topic another time.

yea, i have been preparing myself physically as well, carrying weights and stuff.

as for table tennis, it is my passion.

thanks once again.

and to sensitive, i would also like to thank you for that well wish. nay, dont worry i am not going to kill anyone, its just all males have to go through army for their national service. :D

IcanDoIt

worrydoll said:
damn. someone asked me today if anyone was still on this site that was here when i joined..two years ago..i said only icandoit (aka singaporeguy) ...now youre saying youve only been here a year? damn. that means that everyone else got a life and...i didnt. shucks.

umm..good luck in the army..eek..the army...eek!

Oh! is it?

o my, i did not even realise i have been here since 2 years ago. hmm, 2 years must have passed real fast then.. 8)

IcanDoIt

heheh, thx a lot man, i probably need that luck.

yea, it eeks me too thinking abt it, but its a compulsory service all males must do..

:?