I can't even get a supermarket job

JWH

Are you referring to the fact that no one will hire you or that your SP is holding you back?

If it's the SP preventing you from getting one, this is my next hurdle. 21 and never had a job - leaves the resume quite empty. I've seriously got to figure out what I'm doing next year and it's quite frightening. I've been casually offered a job tutoring at university next year, but that (if I'm even offered it) will be so few days that I will have to figure something else out. I was previously considering furthering my education, but I think it is about time I did something no matter how pathetic to boost my self esteem and confidence. It's just so hard to start after years of telling yourself negatives.

Dill

I hate approaching managers of stores.
I always just freeze up and can't say anything :cry:
I been looking for a job at the mall since September and I still No one has called. :cry:

nerdgirl178

Me too. I am a senior in college and I still havent done an intersnhip. i better do one soon before its too late. Its really hard to get a job when having SP, I guess for some it may cure your SP, but it makes mine worse.

Anonymous

i've been out of work (due to becoming a student) and even having holding a job for a year (in retain SOMEHOW), knowing that i'm going to have to get one this summer is stressing. i'm always afraid i'm going to end up in a situation i can't handle and can't find a do-able one. keep faith all!! there's got to be someplace for us all

Chilling_Echo

Anonymous said:
i've been out of work (due to becoming a student) and even having holding a job for a year (in retain SOMEHOW), knowing that i'm going to have to get one this summer is stressing. i'm always afraid i'm going to end up in a situation i can't handle and can't find a do-able one. keep faith all!! there's got to be someplace for us all

that was me

Anonymous

I've been doing labouring work for a couple of years, but now that i've injured my back i don't know where to go next. I've tried office jobs before but never lasted very long because surprise, i dont' fit in that well.

I've seen a few ads about making money from home, reading emails or something. Anyone had success with any of these programs?

Anonymous

Sorry for the message above. I was testing if I could post without a username. Well that it's possible as you can see :lol:

To go further on the subject. Yes I really want to get further in life. But since I finished high school it's been a mess. I went to university quitted because of my SA. Went to a lower level education., doenst seem to work out because of my SA. It just sucks. I know I have the intelligence for the study,
more then the average joes. But because i have this stupid fear i cant even do the simplest jobs. So I see people with less intelligence doing all sort kinda jobs. Not that i have something against people which do simpler jobs. But it just frustrates yourself because you know you can do better.

At the moment my life is real mess. I dont go to school sitting @ home. i dont want that, but it feels best for the moment. Hope to get out of this for someday cause this is worster then spending your days in prison

Anonymous

This is horrible so many of us SPers (myself included) aborting university studies because of sp reasons, because in addition to having sp, having no degree makes it harder to get professional jobs. So whoever is having trouble, it's because our difficulties are compounded compared to your average joe, and accordinly we need to put in the extra effort to land the same job. But be sure, if you put in the extra effort (whatever that may be, getting more training, putting in more applications) you will find a job.

Anonymous

Actually, to succeed in a lot of areas of life, it all comes down to persistence, it's not 'random luck' or some super quality. E.g. finding a job, put in 100 applications, and statistically you WILL get a job. Finding a date, apply online to 20 people you WILL find a date. The rules of logic imply, that if you keep trying at something long enough, eventually you will obtain the desired result; unfortunately it's hard to put in that effort, and much easier avoiding it.

Anonymous

I managed to get a job in the DSS a year after graduating, and I'm still in it 4 years later!

Interviews were so nerve wrecking for me. One good point is to try and make yourself "not care". That way you are much more relaxed. I found that I did so much better in applications and interviews when I was in a "not caring" mood.

One of the aspects to "not caring" is to do numerous applications, and to convince yourself you won't get the job anyway, so in effect you convince your body that there's no point in panicking.

I hope that makes sense even if there is a bit of negative thinking in what I've said!

Different

I'm
finding it hard to find work though I think I need to try abit harder, but my sp is making it difficulty. Last year I got an interview at the GAP which seemed to go quite well (considering) but I did'nt get the job, and now I'm back to square one again. But I am determined...there's always hope. Dont give up. :D

Anonymous

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Reverseswing said:
I've seen a few ads about making money from home, reading emails or something. Anyone had success with any of these programs?

Nobody ever does. They're scams. Real business opportunities aren't discovered by reading advertisements.

If it sounds to good to be true ("$50K a year or more part-time from your own home!!"), it is.