I can't take it much longer

oolceeoo

Ok, so for the past few days I've been trying a gluten free diet to see if my hand and feet sweating would improve. So far, nothing has changed, though the fact that there aren't many things I can eat has gotten me depressed as well.

My hands and feet always get red, hot, and swollen which is usually the precursor to non-stop sweating as soon as I wake up and until I go to sleep. I've been thinking of trying a water or juice fast to see if that has any effect on it because I've just about had it with HH and I'm near the end of my rope. I have no more friends, no job, no one to talk to in real life about anything and I'm a complete loser and social outcast because of this "condition". I'm a 29 year old loser who still lives with his parents and its all because of this god damn "condition". It effects everything I do in my life and it is draining me of every last bit of energy I have.

I've seen so many doctors, dermatologist, psychologist, psychiatrist and tried EVERYTHING besides surgery (botox, iontophoresis, drugs which made my mouth dry and my head dizzy because even my EYES would be dry but still did not stop the sweating, topical treatments, various kooky substances and supplements) and it has had no effect.

It's like my hands and feet turn into bright red tomatoes and there is just nothing that can stop them from sweating. If I wear shoes, it's guaranteed that I will sweat the whole time. So, I've been exercising everyday and trying to eat a gluten free diet for a few days now and there's been no difference whatsoever. I'm almost ready to end my life this is ridiculous.

My aunt had the same thing and she wasn't happy, and she died when she was 33. I'm almost there I guess. It's like a never ending nightmare that I keep hoping I wake up from, but I never do. It's like I'm drowning and the water just keeps rising. Sleep is the only time I'm dry, and I live to sleep because at least my dreams are nice and fun.

Last edited:

Facethefear

You can't expect a few days of a new diet to change anything. It takes weeks before a change could occur so keep it up. Your body has to get rid of all the old stuff. You are not a loser - you have a medical problem. Hope all your efforts have a positive result!

oolceeoo

You can't expect a few days of a new diet to change anything. It takes weeks before a change could occur so keep it up. Your body has to get rid of all the old stuff. You are not a loser - you have a medical problem. Hope all your efforts have a positive result!

I hope so. Thanks for the kind words. I might get a food allergy test done because this is driving me nuts!!!

Peony

Oh no :( I guess we all have days like this. It's not fun. Please don't be sad. You need to just try and force yourself to go out and meet people. I find when I'm honest with people about my hh, they just say ok that's weird and move on. It's not like you have a big scary disfigured face. People usually don't give a **** unless you're smelly and dirty. And if they are embarrassed to be your friend cause of your condition then why would you want to be friends with them?

With regards to your possible gluten allergy... I had the test done where they put a metal rod on your finger and test little vials on a machine. It confirmed I was allergic to eggs, MSG, tomatoes, tea and coffee. I cut these out but didn't feel much difference. The nutritionist told me to cut them out for 3 weeks. But I done it only for two. So I guess maybe giving it a go for longer?? I do believe that a lot of these man made colourings and flavorings and preservatives have some part in hh. Just trying to figure out what!!!

Please don't give up. You really need to be positive. Which I know can be difficult.

hyp-hi

It can be very frustrating. You may be stuck in a rut. Sometimes it helps to get out of your routine which in turn might help break the cycle. Maybe go on a little vacation or a short trip. Try to look for a job, something that you don't have to interact with people that much so it won't stress you out. Don't worry about living at home. Think about all the good things you have. Think about disabilities that other people have that are worse. It can help put things in perspective.

oolceeoo

Oh no :( I guess we all have days like this. It's not fun. Please don't be sad. You need to just try and force yourself to go out and meet people. I find when I'm honest with people about my hh, they just say ok that's weird and move on. It's not like you have a big scary disfigured face. People usually don't give a **** unless you're smelly and dirty. And if they are embarrassed to be your friend cause of your condition then why would you want to be friends with them?

With regards to your possible gluten allergy... I had the test done where they put a metal rod on your finger and test little vials on a machine. It confirmed I was allergic to eggs, MSG, tomatoes, tea and coffee. I cut these out but didn't feel much difference. The nutritionist told me to cut them out for 3 weeks. But I done it only for two. So I guess maybe giving it a go for longer?? I do believe that a lot of these man made colourings and flavorings and preservatives have some part in hh. Just trying to figure out what!!!

Please don't give up. You really need to be positive. Which I know can be difficult.

Yeah, I know I'm not alone in this. I'm also very suspect that things in our food is causing this. I've been riding my bike and exercising and trying to eat fruits and vegetables more so I'm hoping that will make a difference. You're right, it's so tough to figure out just what it is, but I'm sure it's something. It's like our bodies are trying to constantly get rid of something that it rejects, and the only way it knows how to is to sweat it out.

I'd try staying away from those foods for longer. I think the person above said it takes weeks before you see any improvement from a diet or lifestyle change.

What I do notice is that I just rode my bike for 40 minutes, and then did a series of exercises with a medicine ball and some push ups and jumping jacks, and right now my hands actually are dry right now! However, I'm sure in a bit they will start again.

Do you ever notice that your hands or feet get red and swollen, like tomatoes?

oolceeoo

It can be very frustrating. You may be stuck in a rut. Sometimes it helps to get out of your routine which in turn might help break the cycle. Maybe go on a little vacation or a short trip. Try to look for a job, something that you don't have to interact with people that much so it won't stress you out. Don't worry about living at home. Think about all the good things you have. Think about disabilities that other people have that are worse. It can help put things in perspective.

Yeah, I know its just so frustrating and bothersome. I quit my last job because my HH was getting to me, but now I sort of regret that decision and I may try to get it back. I left on good terms and they said I was welcome back, so I might try that.

THeCARS1979

Ok, so for the past few days I've been trying a gluten free diet to see if my hand and feet sweating would improve. So far, nothing has changed, though the fact that there aren't many things I can eat has gotten me depressed as well.

My hands and feet always get red, hot, and swollen which is usually the precursor to non-stop sweating as soon as I wake up and until I go to sleep. I've been thinking of trying a water or juice fast to see if that has any effect on it because I've just about had it with HH and I'm near the end of my rope. I have no more friends, no job, no one to talk to in real life about anything and I'm a complete loser and social outcast because of this "condition". I'm a 29 year old loser who still lives with his parents and its all because of this god damn "condition". It effects everything I do in my life and it is draining me of every last bit of energy I have.

I've seen so many doctors, dermatologist, psychologist, psychiatrist and tried EVERYTHING besides surgery (botox, iontophoresis, drugs which made my mouth dry and my head dizzy because even my EYES would be dry but still did not stop the sweating, topical treatments, various kooky substances and supplements) and it has had no effect.

It's like my hands and feet turn into bright red tomatoes and there is just nothing that can stop them from sweating. If I wear shoes, it's guaranteed that I will sweat the whole time. So, I've been exercising everyday and trying to eat a gluten free diet for a few days now and there's been no difference whatsoever. I'm almost ready to end my life this is ridiculous.

My aunt had the same thing and she wasn't happy, and she died when she was 33. I'm almost there I guess. It's like a never ending nightmare that I keep hoping I wake up from, but I never do. It's like I'm drowning and the water just keeps rising. Sleep is the only time I'm dry, and I live to sleep because at least my dreams are nice and fun.

Hi I know how you feel. And its a horrible feeling ober all. I did Neurofeedback sessions to combat my Social anxiety. I did 21 of them. The stopping of the sweating of my hands was one of the best thing to come out of that. See what therapist you can go to take the insurance that you have. Its not going to get better over night but it can reduce some of the symptoms of anxiety. Tell me what happens when you go. I did it once every 5 or 6 weeks and it worked for me. After the 10 session my sweating of the hands started to go away. About session 12 or 14 I began going for karaoke and singing.
Steve

Peony

Hey, I have generalised hh. I sweat over my whole body and neck. The only places I don't sweat are my hands and feet!! So they don't get red. The places i sweat don't get red either. Just wet! My most bothersome areas are my back and neck. I'm going on a working visa to Australia this year, which I am terrified about. Usually I live in the cold uk. And I am going to Western Australia first. (HOT) I'm really nervous as my clothes will be soaked, but you need to take chances in life. Can't sit around feeling angry and dwelling on the crap life you've been dealt. Ill just tell people that I've got a **** condition that makes me sweat like a b*stard. Then they'll get over it. Or if I can't cope with the heat, ill move on. Maybe to Alaska. Lol.

Keep me updated on your diet. I'm going to try the au natural diet again. Do you only sweat from your hands and feet? Are you overweight? I keep thinking my hh will disappear when I become thin. But it's not looking promising. Lol. Wishful thinking. Although a sweaty thin person looks better than a sweaty chubs !!

oolceeoo

Hey, I have generalised hh. I sweat over my whole body and neck. The only places I don't sweat are my hands and feet!! So they don't get red. The places i sweat don't get red either. Just wet! My most bothersome areas are my back and neck. I'm going on a working visa to Australia this year, which I am terrified about. Usually I live in the cold uk. And I am going to Western Australia first. (HOT) I'm really nervous as my clothes will be soaked, but you need to take chances in life. Can't sit around feeling angry and dwelling on the crap life you've been dealt. Ill just tell people that I've got a **** condition that makes me sweat like a b*stard. Then they'll get over it. Or if I can't cope with the heat, ill move on. Maybe to Alaska. Lol.

Keep me updated on your diet. I'm going to try the au natural diet again. Do you only sweat from your hands and feet? Are you overweight? I keep thinking my hh will disappear when I become thin. But it's not looking promising. Lol. Wishful thinking. Although a sweaty thin person looks better than a sweaty chubs !!

No, I'm pretty thin. I'm 5'11 and weight about 140lbs. But yeah, it's mainly from my hands and feet. Which drives me crazy because if I go barefoot I'm usually okay, but obviously you can't go to work or go anywhere in bare feet, so my socks are usually soaked and because my feet are hot, my hands get hot.

So weird, I know. Maybe I should just become a cave man or something.

SweatParty

My hands get really red and somewhat swollen during the winter when it is very cold yet my hands are still sweaty. Because they are so wet, they become freezing cold. So, even though normal bodies sweat to cool you down, in this case it is an even worse side effect, since of course they should not be sweating at all during cold weather.

Do you live in a humid climate? I have been traveling a lot for the past few years, and notice that in many non-humid areas, I sweat MUCH less! Of course this may sound very obvious and logical, but I can't overstate much how impact it has. For example, in 90 degree non-humid weather, I will stay dry fairly well (usually I'm also taking glycopyrrolate). But in 60-70 degree and 90-100% humdity, I can be extremely sweaty not only on my hands, but entire body.

Even though the hand/feet sweat is generally considered "weird" by society, I've noticed how much people talk about heat and sweating in general during the summer months and in hot climates. It actually helps me feel much more comfortable and natural - if others are complaining about heat/sweat, I fit right in and actually don't mind my sweatiness too much!

You're saying that you couldn't tolerate glycopyrrolate due to dry mouth, and it also didn't help with sweating at all? How long did you use it? What was the dosage? I only take 1mg each morning (empty stomach), and it really helps a lot. I also experience dry mouth/nose/eyes, but it's manageable - I just drink tons of water, and rinse my eyes and nose with water a few times a day. You may really need to try this out again - so many people on the HH message boards have had good success with it.

Try to get your job back, and stay positive. Do you sleep well? I have terrible sleep habits, and just this week it really got to me. I was so exhausted and frustrated that I felt like I didn't know what to do. I just wanted a week off to sleep and relax. But I still had to go to work. I just ended up forcing myself to sleep earlier, and the next day I felt quite a bit better. In general I am a very happy person, but I'm also dealing with some other issues besides HH, and it has gotten me down lately. So you're not alone in the world - just look around the other forums on this website!

Keep us posted!

Peony

You're saying that you couldn't tolerate glycopyrrolate due to dry mouth, and it also didn't help with sweating at all? How long did you use it? What was the dosage? I only take 1mg each morning (empty stomach), and it really helps a lot. I also experience dry mouth/nose/eyes, but it's manageable - I just drink tons of water, and rinse my eyes and nose with water a few times a day. You may really need to try this out again - so many people on the HH message boards have had good success with it.

Try to get your job back, and stay positive. Do you sleep well? I have terrible sleep habits, and just this week it really got to me. I was so exhausted and frustrated that I felt like I didn't know what to do. I just wanted a week off to sleep and relax. But I still had to go to work. I just ended up forcing myself to sleep earlier, and the next day I felt quite a bit better. In general I am a very happy person, but I'm also dealing with some other issues besides HH, and it has gotten me down lately. So you're not alone in the world - just look around the other forums on this website!

Keep us posted!

I agree! Glyco really helps me. When I first took it, my nose and throat were so dry it was painful, but I swear by lucozade sport or Gatorade. If I take my tablet with a bottle of this on an empty stomach then sip water, I barely have a dry throat at all!

Solo Dolo

i am in the same boat. except i excessively sweat from my entire body. I hate my life because of it and i basically dont go in the sun if i have a choice. **** this condition

oolceeoo

*update*

So, I've been carefully watching my diet for the past week and a half, basically doing my best to avoid gluten containing products like most bread, junk food, fast food, prepared food, things like that. My diet has consisted mainly of vegetables, fruit, nuts, fresh cooked meat, cheese, milk, and some gluten free snacks. I'm trying my best to stay away from prepared food or food with additives or preservatives.

I actually have noticed a decrease in sweating. Today, I went for a haircut, and normally I'd be sweating all over, but this time I was dry. I kept moving my hands and looking at them because it didn't seem real, since for most of my life they'd be dripping like faucets in that situation. There have also been other times where both my hands and feet are dry and it's feels strange to me.

They still do sweat if I exercise or do something strenuous, but it seems like instead of dripping when I'm just relaxing or sitting there I'm not sweating. So, I am really beginning to suspect it is something in food my body doesn't like, but what exactly that is, I don't know yet. I think this could help other people too, a diet change might get to the bottom of this.

I'm still not there, but I do definitely notice a difference after only about 10 days on this new diet.

oolceeoo

My hands get really red and somewhat swollen during the winter when it is very cold yet my hands are still sweaty. Because they are so wet, they become freezing cold. So, even though normal bodies sweat to cool you down, in this case it is an even worse side effect, since of course they should not be sweating at all during cold weather.

Do you live in a humid climate? I have been traveling a lot for the past few years, and notice that in many non-humid areas, I sweat MUCH less! Of course this may sound very obvious and logical, but I can't overstate much how impact it has. For example, in 90 degree non-humid weather, I will stay dry fairly well (usually I'm also taking glycopyrrolate). But in 60-70 degree and 90-100% humdity, I can be extremely sweaty not only on my hands, but entire body.

Even though the hand/feet sweat is generally considered "weird" by society, I've noticed how much people talk about heat and sweating in general during the summer months and in hot climates. It actually helps me feel much more comfortable and natural - if others are complaining about heat/sweat, I fit right in and actually don't mind my sweatiness too much!

Keep us posted!

In the summer time where I live, it gets hot and humid during the summer, and those are the worst times. I went on a trip to Ireland, a cool and rainy climate, a few summers ago, and my sweating practically went away while I was there (it was overcast and rained almost everyday). And yes, those times where you're sweating, and your feet are soaked and you step outide in winter weather, your feet and hands turn to cold sweat, I know how it can make you shiver and REALLY cold. It's like putting socks on, submerging your feet in water, and then going outside on a cold winter day with soaking wet socks inside of shoes, REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE!

As for glycopyrrolate, I took it years ago, but 1mg sounds about right for the dosage. I would take it on an empty stomach, and I'd notice my mouth and eyes were uncomfortably dry, but since my hands and feet would swell up, sweat would still break through. So I upped the dose by taking two at a time, but that made my head SUPER dry and that would make me very dizzy and difficult to urinate and again because my hands and feet would swell up they'd still break out in sweats.

I do sleep pretty well, though lately because I'm unemployed I've been oversleeping and that leaves me more tired throughout the day, so I'm trying to get back into the working routine and adopt a normal sleep schedule.

I'm trying to change my diet and so far I'm noticing preliminary (though not confirmatory) results. Have you ever looked at your diet, maybe some food your body doesn't agree with?

Peony

Great news. Please keep me updated. I am going to try and stay gluten free for the next few weeks and see how it goes. Good luck x