I don't know myself anymore

kaycee09

For the past several weeks, tensions have been high around my place. Money is tight right now, and it's putting stress on my family. I'm taking a large majority of the ensuing anger because of the fact that I've been unemployed for the past 8 months, 6 of which I was attending classes both during the day and at night.

I've been dropping off resumes and scheduling follow ups for several weeks, and have only managed to procure a job that guarantees 9 hours per week. That is not even enough to cover the most basic expenses.
I'm also waiting for the verdict on a student loan, which I'm absolutely petrified about. If this loan is denied, then there is no feasible way that I will be able to attend school this fall. I'm not even sure what brought about the fear of being denied.

This financial situation has made me edgy. I have long suffered from anxiety and depression, but it seems that this financial stress is making it infinitely worse. I have been volatile, losing my cool at pretty much nothing.
Recently, things have been spiraling out of control around here. Violence is becoming a crutch to deal with the stress.

I had a meeting with my employer the other day which I had to attend with an unsuccessfully hidden bruise on my jaw. I tried to cover it up with foundation, but she noticed it and told me if I ever need to talk to her, her door is always open. I understand that she meant well but I was absolutely mortified. I hate the feeling of being some stupid charity case that is too dense to walk away from a bad situation.

I've been considering contacting the authorities, but there's too much risk. I would have to move, which would be extremely stressful on both my three-year-old and myself; I would have to reapply for social assistance, which is honestly more jumping through hoops than actually being assisted; and besides all that, I have contacted the authorities about this once before and it was determined that I was lying about the entire thing.

I have talked to my boyfriend about everything and he has been an inexpressible comfort, however, every time I vent to him he gets upset. It's understandable that he gets upset but it kills me, I always feel like it's my fault regardless of how many times he tells me it isn't. It's getting to the point where I catch myself about to snap at him, or I sit there and debate even answering his texts. I don't want to push him out, I really don't, but sometimes I feel like his life would be easier if I wasn't in it.

Basically I'm sinking lower every day, and I'm just waiting to crash into the bottom and lose everything, my home, my boyfriend, my son, and my mind. These days I barely recognize myself in the mirror anymore, it's like staring into the eyes of a walking, breathing corpse. Some days it literally feels like the stress is tearing me apart from the inside out.
I just had to vent.

MollyBeGood

I am so sorry for your situation, it really sounds intense and stressful. I am in a simular one myself, though I have no kids.

Please clarify "bruise on your jaw"?

Sacrament

It's your boyfriend's choice to help you. With his help, try to come up with the most logical and practical solutions for your current problems, trusting they will pass if you keep it together. As for your bruises, you should have the authorities involved.

ForeverTheWeirdKid

A little alternative tip that you probably won't care for or understand. Meditation has and still does wonders for me. I'm not just some person typing over the internet either. Try it once a week.