I gave a girl my # and she put it on craigslist lolol!!

SM1010

I suck at approaching women in person. I pretty much never do it due to SA. But there's this store clerk that I've seen a lot lately and I have a thing for her. She seemed cool and she even mentioned that lived right across the street (so were basically neighbors).

I finally decided I don't care anymore and I'm just gonna tell her we should chill sometime and give her my number. So I did the other night, she didn't seem too enthusiastic but not too weirded out either. I walked out figuring she probably wouldn't hit me up but none the less I felt great having felt the intense fear but doing it anyway.

Later that night I get a text from some random number saying they saw my ad on craigslist. After that text I got about another 8 texts and 20 phone calls within about an hour. Apparently she took my number and put it on a craigslist casual encounters ad and she included multiple pics of some hot girl.

I have to hand it to her, it was a pretty good prank. I wasn't really even mad, I knew I had gotten burned bad and was cracking up about it. It was kinda cruel too but I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway I felt like you guys might get a good laugh out of this. Also maybe you can help me brainstorm some ways to get her back. I know her 1st name and where she works but that's about it. I don't wanna do anything to get her fired at work but I definitely need to figure out some non creeper way of getting her back.

Anyone have any ideas?

SM1010

Haha I don't see how asking her out again is a good way to get her back???

I want to burn her back, not get rejected again.

Rembrandt Broam

Honestly, I think you should probably just leave it. Perhaps I'm misreading the situation, but from your description I don't get the impression that this was a playful attempt on her part to encourage further interaction between the two of you, but rather a clear signal that she isn't interested.

SM1010

Honestly, I think you should probably just leave it. Perhaps I'm misreading the situation, but from your description I don't get the impression that this was a playful attempt on her part to encourage further interaction between the two of you, but rather a clear signal that she isn't interested.

You're probably right. But despite me finding it funny, it's a pretty damn cruel way of saying you're not interested to a guy.

I don't see why I should just let her get away with it? I don't wanna do anything creepy or ill willed towards her. Just wanna let her know that she can't just screw around with people like that and get away with it...

I am female and I think what she did was mean, nasty and uncalled for. :mad:
Maybe you should just have nothing whatsoever to do with her again. She sounds like she could only cause more trouble for you if you did.:confused:

Sartana

Wow, that's an incredibly mean thing to do. You seem to be in an alright spirits about it though so I would just leave it. You don't seem that bothered by it, and if she is someone who can do something like that to someone who is just trying to be nice who knows what she would do if you retaliated.

Rembrandt Broam

You're probably right. But despite me finding it funny, it's a pretty damn cruel way of saying you're not interested to a guy.

I agree. As BlueDays said, it seemed a bit mean and uncalled for, but as you seemed to see it as just a prank, I thought you were basically OK with it. I would consider it a prank if a close friend who knew my sense of humour did something like that, but she's someone you barely know, so either she has a very strange sense of humour or it was meant to send you a clear signal.

I don't see why I should just let her get away with it? I don't wanna do anything creepy or ill willed towards her. Just wanna let her know that she can't just screw around with people like that and get away with it...

I don't really see how you can do anything without it being ill willed. Sure there are things you could do, but they'd probably end up getting her into trouble where she works (which you've already said you don't want to do) and would just bring you down to her level. You should just be the better person and let it go, IMO.

Phoenixx

I'm not completely sure what to say about this. In one way, it does sound like a prank, but then again, I found it to be pretty cruel.

I could see if you two were really good friends or something, and she did it to get you going for a good laugh. But if she's just a girl you had a thing for, and you don't know each other that well, then I really don't think this was a prank rather than just a cruel, mean joke on her part.

If you're okay with it though, then (like everyone else already said) you should probably just let it go.

KnuffleBunny

No. This was not just a little prank, this chick sounds like she did it just to be mean. My advice is to just let it go as well.

UnOccupied

Wow, thats really mean of her. She sounds like an awful person. Don't let it get to you man. I think it's awesome you overcame your fear and did that, you have a lot of courage. Keep fightin the good fight, and ask out another girl! You may need to get rejected another 20 times before the right girls comes around, but its worth it!

Richey

what she did was not funny. posting your private information onto a public website means that your number is out there and website scrapers can grab that information. same with facebook information. anything that shows up as public can be copied and posted onto hundreds of different websites, meaning your information is spread out there, which means if you want to just stay a private person then you have to weigh up how much you really care about it being out there on the net or not. something that everyone needs to think about whilst using any sort of site these days. you know..if it was the 1980's/90s people just read comic books, played board games, met a friend at the mall or played sports, a prank like this back then would extend to giving her friend embarrassing information that you told her, not letting the world know about it over the net aka your number (which wouldn't have existed properly until late 1990's). there wasn't all this messiness that technology can bring these days.

Last edited:

SM1010

I don't care that she rejected me. I just want to prank her back.

But maybe you guys are right and I should just let it go. I just hate getting pranked hard and not being able to do anything about it.

coyote

It was a brave move, but she hasn't taken it well. If you keep it all cool and don't retaliate then there's still a chance that she may eventually come around. From her perspective, she may get guys being over friendly all the time so that its more of a pain than a compliment.

yep, tell her how funny you thought it was and share a laugh

take it from there

Im on the fence about her.hmm. But must admit I have friends who would prank this and mean well and would do it for the same reasons boys pull girls hair and push them in the playground..but also have friends who would do this to be mean (to an ex)

Let her see it doesn't bother you let her see you laugh it off. If she wasn't interested and was being.nasty then she'll suddenly be interested in you when she sees how you handle it. If she was interested but was pranking / testing you then you passed. Either way let her make any next moves, you can say to her that hey if she wants your number, it's on craigslist show you have a sense of humour about it :)

I dont know how you guys are so cool about this. I dont think that crap is funny in the least. Shes not his buddy and doesnt know him so she had no right to put him in a situation with a bunch of random horny guys calling him.

I mean to me that'd be as screwed up as me posting pics of you guys on some random hook up site like adultfriendfinder and linking your email address for lolz

^I have to agree with this.
I mean I don't think the OP should be even attempting to become friends with a girl like that.
Who wants to become a friend with a girl who treats a person who's just given them their phone number with such disrespect?