I got botox today

steveparker

Hey,
I been suffering from this for 6 years and I finally got the courage to have botox injections on my armpits this morning.
It was not as painful as I thought it would be and I havent sweated at all since I got it!
I am soo happy

I went to the pub tonight and have no fear of sweating anymore.
It was expensive (£350) but the clinic was so friendly and helpful. I wish I had done this earlier.
I look forward to a few months of sweat free days.

dazedandconfused

Wow! 6 Years!? I thought it was bad that I've been suffering from this for the last 2. I really don't know how you managed to get through it. I'm just starting to get better with it. Could you maybe check my thread on Certain-Dri and give me some advice? Anyways GREAT job.

Chilling__Echo

wow good job, glad it worked so fast for you!

are there not any negative side effects that come with it? do you have to keep getting the injections?

steveparker

seriously it wasnt painful at all, i heard scare stories of how painful it is but it isnt.
They doctor said it would probably take effect within 24 hours but mine seemed to take effect after about 5 hours. I will keep you posted on how i get on today.

sensitive

Another success story, i'm so glad to hear it :) .

Well, i have been suffering excessive sweating/Hyperhidrosis since my childhood. It's wasn't a big issue then but it has been so in my adolescence and i'm ready to do anything to rest.

steveparker

Well it has been about a week since my injections and I am still really impressed with the results. I no longer drip sweat from my armpits and generally they stay dry all day.
If I get really anxious then it still gets a little bit damp but i would say its a 90% improvement. I was hoping to be 100% dry but its still great.
I am off travelling for 2 months (in Asia) soon so am so much more happier about the trip now

Alina

cool, Im glad for you=))))
should save some money later and do as well... but I use Dri now and I think it helps in some way ..the main prob with me is face that sweats only when it's hot...damn dont even know how to treat it=(

jiana

what bout me

wow thats great to hear taht it worked for u i have a sweating problem soo bad i put on a shirt and liek NO joke 10 mins later i have bad sweat spots. that and i get boils like crazy. not sure what to do i had surgery on it in NOV 2002....

grissom

£350 is way too much to pay I think. I get by just by wearing baggy tops all the time which is annoying cos I have to pretend I don't like feminine clothes. I've also had it for 6 years too and it has changed my personality so i'm shy, unconfident, negative & unhappy. All cos of sweat. Quite stupid really. and knowing theres no real cure makes me feel even more unhappy.