I know i have SA, but do i have panic attacks, agoraphobia or both?

vancouver24

Banned
So i do get nervous before social events and i tend to ignore them as much as i can because before going...to a party or wedding or even small family gatherings..i tend to get really nervous at home...and when i get there i am even more nervous and i get all the panic attacks symptoms...but i know why im getting these attacks cuz im nervous about being social...i think with panic attacks...you dont know why you get them?......as for agoraphobia...hmm... i hate walking in front of food courts in malls but i can easily do it without being that nervous.. i still get a little nervous but i try to distract myself and not look to the direction of the food court (LOL) ,,,,so do i just have social anxiety then?

MrJones

I'm sorry I can't help, but I think that if you want to know exactly what you have you should go see a professional.

In here you can find people who share their experience, and it can help, but nobody would be able to be as helpful as professional help.

Kiwong

Panic attacks in my experience ar a build up of worrying, fearful and angry thoughts. It is like the mind boils and says enough, and gives you something new to worry about your imminent death.

It sounds like to me what you are experiencing might be symptoms of panic without the attack itself. I used to get chest tightness, dizziness, shaking and these were the symptoms leading up to the attack itself

The actual panic attacks themselves itself was the most frightening thing I have ever experienced, and I finished up emergency wards of hospitals on many occassions.