I messed up this time

Strong

I didn't sign up for college online classes and now it's too late. I'm not actually lazy except maybe in this instance but I just kept putting it off and was doing other things.

My mom hasn't told me to get a job and she will support me but she is dissapointed as well. I have a hard time interacting with people right now but I know all of us have to get by that eventually. If I don't get one I don't know what I'll do until January, prob help around the house more. I was also learning piano but yeah...

When registrations come around in Jan I will sign up first day do online classes and start working towards two year degree after that. I'm just angry at my self right now

GraybeardGhost

You could spend the next five months kicking yourself for missing this chance, or you could turn it to your advantage. Why not spend the time improving yourself in other ways, if you feel the need? Think of it as an independent study in yourself: pick out a few books to read, assign yourself some goals and deadlines, just as if you were taking a real class, and follow through with your "curriculum" to the end. If you explain what you're doing to your mom, she won't think you're just sitting around all day, and she should be less disappointed, as should you. By filling the time this way, you may also find that you're better prepared for classes when January rolls around.

madmike

It's never too late, if that's what you really want to do. Maybe the fact that you didn't sign up until now means you're not sure about taking this course, I don't know. Use this time wisely, help around the house if you have nothing else to do (your mum will appreciate it) or work if you manage to find some work, and think about what you want to do with your life and if you want to take this course, or maybe take another course or do something else. Follow your heart/instincts, that would be my advise. If you make mistakes, that's fine, at least you know they're your own mistakes and not someone else's. You sound like a sensible person, I think if you follow your instincts you will be ok :)

Megaten

Ive actually done that myself for the Fall semester because I got so busy with projects I forgot to register. Now I gotta pay $100 fee -__-

Ive not done online before, they dont let people register late when its online?

grapevine

I would have thought that maybe you could still enrol? Talk to a college counsler or something?

Either way, dont beat yourself up about it. Dont pressure yourself. Maybe taking time out is good.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Well thats it. You've done it this time.

You might as well slit your wrist's now.
I mean, you cannot recover from this. It's hopeless.
You've destroyed everything...ruined all your good work...

;) Seriously though, you've hit a road bump. You'll be ok!

Strong

Thanks guys I'd like your posts but for some reason the option isn't showing up for me. I'm going to study so this time isn't wasted but that's what it feels like. My little brother, sister and cousin start back school tomorrow and it's kinda of a new feeling that I'm not doing that myself this time. Having graduated this past time.

Me and my cousin also talked about looking for a job with some openings maybe we could both get one somewhere? One at a dollar store or Walmart. Maybe we could do this Jan or Feb.

Strong

Today went rougher than I thought it would, just sitting at home thinking about it. I'm going to the gym in 40 minutes I hope that can get my mind off of it.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I agree with everyone that you shouldn't beat yourself up about this and just make sure you use this free time the best you can. Until you find a job, I think the trick is really to keep yourself busy and make up a schedule that forces you to get up in the morning and do stuff, or else you might get depressed...

Everyone has already said the things I would have.

I have SA, I got a 2 year degree online so trust me when I say don't do it. You NEED to go to campus if you want to get past your SA. If you don't your SA will be just as bad as it is now and except you'll have to do interviews then interact with people at work ext. This is all assuming your SA is as bad as mine. I thought getting a degree, a license and using a student loan to get a car would give me a huge boost of confidence and interviews and work would be cake afterwards. I won't lie, it did help some but, it quickly faded and I was back to square one in terms of SA. Accomplishments won't get rid of SA, only interactions will.

Strong

Everyone has already said the things I would have.

I have SA, I got a 2 year degree online so trust me when I say don't do it. You NEED to go to campus if you want to get past your SA. If you don't your SA will be just as bad as it is now and except you'll have to do interviews then interact with people at work ext. This is all assuming your SA is as bad as mine. I thought getting a degree, a license and using a student loan to get a car would give me a huge boost of confidence and interviews and work would be cake afterwards. I won't lie, it did help some but, it quickly faded and I was back to square one in terms of SA. Accomplishments won't get rid of SA, only interactions will.

I was going to do the online classes this semester then go to campus next semester but yeah...Guess I'll do online next semester and after that go to the campus for classes when it starts back next new school year.