I NEED ADVICE!!!

hbanana11

Okay so the new school year for me is inching closer and im contemplating whether i should just suck it up and go or try to convince my parents to let me do virtual school.

Now, heres a few reasons why i dont want to go to my high school:

1) I only got one of the classes i really wanted/needed for this year

2) My SA is really bad and makes me feel horrible while at school

3) The health teacher is a bitch

4) I hate P.E.

5) I don't have any classes with the few friends i have

6) The people at school irritate me

7) I get overly stressed and feel like i need to impress everyone

8) Overall, i just hate the place

Here's some reasons why i would like to go:

1) To see the few friends i have, on a daily basis and possibly make new friends

2) Because i might regret it later if i dont go

3) The "social exposure"

4) So i wont miss out on the "senior fun"

If i did the virtual school, i would be able to take a lot more of the classes i want and need for college. But im afraid i will be holed up in my house everyday and my SA will get worse. I'm also afraid that i will regret not going to high school later on in life. On the other hand, i only have two years left so i wont be missing out on that much...right?

Honestly, high school just seems like a joke to me and i dont even know why im going besides being told to. But i need to finish in some sort of way.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

panicguy

hey, listen up.

GO!!

High school social life is Great!!!

I wasn't by any means a popular kid in school and I didnt have a shitload of friends either. But I also didnt have many enemies either. High school is just what you make it out to be, it can be the greatest thing in your life or it can be the worst thing in your life and make you commit suicide(extreme)

If I could go back to high school I would in a second, even though I didnt graduate and barely went to class.

sidney

Wow, this is a difficult one, hmmmmm

Maybe you should attempt to go to school for the experience & see if you can get changed to other classes that would benefit you more for college or get a transfer to another one that suits you better. If a few weeks in you think you cant get anywhere with the classes you have then go with virtual school & at least then you can say you had even a few weeks in high school??
Good luck :)

Helyna

I think you'd better go. You're right: if you don't get out, your SA will get even worse. I find that just one friend helps a class go by, even if you don't get to speak to him/her. And you really should finish up just to have the feeling that you went all the way. Besides, would you see your friends at all if you didn't go to school? You really don't want to lose that. You can have lunch with them, can't you?
If a teacher is bitchy, feel sorry for her and try to keep out of her hair.
Have you been officially diagnosed? If so, maybe your parents can convince the school to change your schedule so you have friends. Worth a try.

I finished my senior year of high school on Florida Virtual School and it was the greatest thing I ever did. I don't think I would have been able to handle another year at that hell hole of a school. My friend has finished her sophomore year on FLVS and she is working on her senior year. My SA has worsened a little bit because I don't go out much, but I think it was worth it. High school is a terrible place for someone with social anxiety. The only thing is you have to really stay on top of your work. It is really easy to slack off and get behind. Hope I helped you.

hbanana11

Thank you all for your advice! I appreciate it! I think maybe what i might do is part time public school and part time virtual school.

Yea me and TheWall did virtual school together. She is a year older than me and has already finished. I love virtual school. I think it seriously saved me. Because I had a friend doing it with me it wasn't so lonely. The teachers are always nice and the work isn't that hard. I have to warn you though, if you are not 100% committed to your school work then don't do it because you could fuck yourself over and not graduate on time. You have to be very motivated to do the work. Like TheWall said it can make you more reclusive. Also if you do not live in FL then it might not be free. I would contact your school guidance counselor and at least talk to her/him about it. Hope it all works out for you. If you work hard you can do it! :D

PS: If you have anymore questions just message me!

Rodox

I think you should go,when you get older you will miss the experience,even if you are not popular,I know I miss,things get quite dull after that,at least for me it did.