I NEED HELP in Los Angeles!!!

rj32093

Hi everyone, I need help, I am desperate. My anxiety has gotten so bad to the point that I am now afraid, no paranoid of leaving my home. I have been searching for a job for the last 9 1/2 months but everytime I get called for an interview I chicken out before I walk in. This has gotten really bad, nothing has helped my anxiety, I've tried 4 different type of depression medication with no changes, a psychiatrist and a therapist have given up on me because they saw no change and I see no hope.

Does anyone know of a support group in the L.A area for social phobia? I really need help and don't know where to go, I am afraid of not finding a way out and just end this on my own. Please HELP...

Meds are useless and dangerous. Have you tried Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) yet? In ACT we learn to use our values to motivate and guide us. Avoidance is the problem, not anxiety. There's a great new ACT self-help workbook called "The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety". Check it out, maybe it can help.

weak

rj32093 said:
Hi everyone, I need help, I am desperate. My anxiety has gotten so bad to the point that I am now afraid, no paranoid of leaving my home. I have been searching for a job for the last 9 1/2 months but everytime I get called for an interview I chicken out before I walk in. This has gotten really bad, nothing has helped my anxiety, I've tried 4 different type of depression medication with no changes, a psychiatrist and a therapist have given up on me because they saw no change and I see no hope.

Does anyone know of a support group in the L.A area for social phobia? I really need help and don't know where to go, I am afraid of not finding a way out and just end this on my own. Please HELP...

I see this is an old thread, but just in case you're still looking for a anxiety support group in LA - you might wanna look into Recovery, Inc. They have weekly sessions all over the country.