I really do not know whether this is OCD but I feel this is very urgent.

porker

It started a few years ago when I was very worried about a lot of things especially in the army when I had to be careful not to lose stuff. Then I started having the habit of checking and worrying and fearing about bad things happening. But now I am in college and its not as bad but now I really have this crazy thinking which I think nobody ever has. It started from 1st year that I was always tensed up when trouble comes and it will be solved in the end ONLY when I tense up my eye muscels and neck muscles and head muscels. And every time something bad happens I always tense up my eyes, my neck muscles and head muscles. Doing this all the time for over a year made me really believe that by doing these actions, my problems could be solved and from experience, doing these actions while bad moments came always solved them. However, now I am experiencing side effects from these actions and feeling very tired my eye muscles are deteriorating badly and I am losing a lot of hair. I really want to stop doing these actions but its so difficult to STOP. I tried stopping them once and relaxing but I had an accident while skiing on that day which even mroe enforces this behaviour that bad things will happen if I relax. I already seen the school psychologist and it got even worst. So i would like to know whether its OCD or whether its serious. I would like a fast reply. Its really haunting me. Its the worst thing in my life. I would seriously rather get depression than this PHOBIA to relax disorder. Someone please explain what is happening and why its so difficult to get out of this.

ImNotMyIllness

This definitely sounds like OCD and it's serious. Tensing yourself up like that can't be good for you health. From reading your thread, it appears that you understand that tensing your muscles in reality does not affect anything. Your life, the world, is not influenced by it. If that were the case, we would all be doing it.
I'm sure you performed ritualized behaviors as a child. i.e don't step on cracks etc. Same thing, except now you're an adult.

Good luck! You can quite this!

porker

Yeah its kind of serious because I am also a superstitious person. I believe that I might be cursed or something. If I want superstitious this wouldnt have happened.

jaim38

It sounds like OCD. Tensing up your muscles has become a habit. Just like you can learn a habit, you can also unlearn it. Try meditation and mindfulness practices. Everytime you feel your muscles beginning to tense up, stop and be aware of what you're doing. Breathe and try to relax. Meditation helps.