I think everyone at work thinks I'm weird

NightTimeForever

Been going to work for several days now, and I get the impression that everyone at work thinks I am strange, or something. I'm thinking of waiting for my first paycheck to roll around, then quitting.

If I get this impression, it is mostly justified, right? The guy who went out of his way to train me the first day doesn't even talk to me anymore, I sort of wonder if someone is spreading rumors about me.

laure15

Don't quit yet. If I remember correctly, isn't this the dream job you've always wanted?
You are lucky you have someone to train you. In some places, newbies are provided little or no training.

I don't know if I'm correct about this, but it is possible that they're testing you at this moment, to see whether you are a good fit for their team. I know at my last job, they gave me a several weeks of "probation period" to see how I perform. It is during this probation period that they judge you and determine whether they want to keep you or let you go. If you really love this job, give it your best shot and don't let this opportunity go to waste.

gustavofring

I wouldn't quit because of suspicions, which are likely mostly fabrications of your mind. Especially after only a few days. Just hang in there.

Kiwong

A person at work told me she thought I was weird, she is the biggest facile in the office. So I don't respect her opinion.

Dunno, it's just very difficult to keep going to that job every day. I'll stick it out, but doing so will be sheer torture.

That's what I did. And now I am their senior technician. They all did think I was weird. And... they still do. And... I have come to the realization being weird is OK! We're all a little weird in our own ways.

Stick it out, you can do it. :thumbup:

NightTimeForever

That's what I did. And now I am their senior technician. They all did think I was weird. And... they still do. And... I have come to the realization being weird is OK! We're all a little weird in our own ways.

Stick it out, you can do it. :thumbup:

Well, in my last job, which I stayed at for seven years, I stayed in an entry-level position, moving up on pay grade for a little while, then moving back down.

Anyway, didn't show up today, will probably call in at some point. It was just too much.