I think I have this

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

Love-shyness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love-shyness is a specific type of severe chronic shyness that impairs or prevents intimate relationships.[1][2] It implies a degree of inhibition and reticence with potential partners that is sufficiently severe to preclude participation in courtship, marriage and family roles.[3] According to this definition, love-shy people find it difficult if not impossible to be assertive in informal situations involving potential romantic or sexual partners. For example, a heterosexual love-shy man will have trouble initiating conversations with women because of strong feelings of social anxiety

God I feel really bad now this is me. This is why I cannot speak to opposite sex it sucks I have no idea what to do about it I will be lonely forever it looks like now.
Is there anyone on this sie eho had this and has now gotten over it?

you will find others have this. cliched but you're not alone.

For myself I am trying to not try anymore. Nobody gives a flying **** any more how anyone feels. Its all about social roles now.

KiaKaha

Banned
I think this might be quite common - I am sure he wont mind me saying this, but if Mikey was here he could probably help sympathize with you a wee bit - but I understand... it is tough.

Surprisingly I can talk to women fine - aside from being constantly friend zoned....
I get along with females much more than men.

Its everything else I have trouble with.

I will have a read of the wiki article when I have more time.

I agree with Sial - it *IS* more about social roles - and I also feel status etc.

Everett

Love-shyness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love-shyness is a specific type of severe chronic shyness that impairs or prevents intimate relationships.[1][2] It implies a degree of inhibition and reticence with potential partners that is sufficiently severe to preclude participation in courtship, marriage and family roles.[3] According to this definition, love-shy people find it difficult if not impossible to be assertive in informal situations involving potential romantic or sexual partners. For example, a heterosexual love-shy man will have trouble initiating conversations with women because of strong feelings of social anxiety

God I feel really bad now this is me. This is why I cannot speak to opposite sex it sucks I have no idea what to do about it I will be lonely forever it looks like now.
Is there anyone on this sie eho had this and has now gotten over it?

Someone with love-shyness over here! The number of actual opposite-sex friends is in the single digits (1) and that's because they have their own set of problems like moi. I've been to mixers and stuff and I'm capable of having small talk and laughing at jokes (wearing a mask), but I lose all contact with them after. Meeting with the opposite sex individually (not at a mixer) is a completely different story; in short, I'm creepy (and I know creepy very well).

da_illest101

Yea you are not alone. I had a gf once, but I had to break it off due of anxiety of being with someone else than myself