I would really like to get to know you.

Blannabers

Well hello there.

as you may have noticed, the title does really explain it for you.

I am currently trying to fight a really bad case of loneliness. I have a pretty bad habit of doing what alot of us are doing these days and it's keeping myself from people. I have the constant need to be loved, but I can't really count on anyone in real life to do that for me because... let's face it... I'm an odd personality.

I have an odd trait that gets me to want to know about a person. What is your story, what is your traits? What are your thoughts on things and why do you view them that way? What's your favorite color? What's your favorite food? What do you do in your spare time? Tell me about a trip you've had and what you liked and disliked about it?

I could actually continue to ramble on, but really, my point is, I'd like to get to know you. Please. Grab a cup of hot chocolate, hot tea, coffee... whatever you want... and tell me about yourself. I'd love to hear about you.

While I feel inferior and insignificant, at least I am no ant.

I enjoy many things. All of them pale in comparison to what I want to know how to enjoy, life.

What is it about getting to know others that makes it so intriguing, so interesting? We could say it is an exciting endeavor which will resolutely end with commonalities, similarities and maybe a potentiality of disinterest. Is it not better we remain a mystery?

Random fact about me: I spend most of my free time either programming or reading about quantum physics on Wikipedia. Because I'm weird like that.

she1slander

You know you could benefit from talking to a few elderly patients in a hospital who could use a companion for a day though. I did some volunteer work last summer just to get something good put in my resume but at the same time, gain more volunteer experiences whilst working part-time. It helped me to be outside more and focus less on myself since I know how isolation and being house bound can do to my psychological functioning or something. It was slowing deteriorating my brain activity. (probably the lack of serotonin too) It's interesting to know that there are people who definitely need real human interaction while they're living alone with no close relatives, just the workers who enter and leave their rooms. I feel really good when I realise that someone needs me and finds me useful in their lives, even for just a short time. :)

Hmm... so yeah that's a little known fact about me. I wish I could be free from myself completely... I mean, just feel more open to helping people whenever I can.

razzle dazzle rose

I am the same way! Sometimes I feel like I am like a detective, so I try to not ask too many questions in a row, haha. I just wanna know what makes people who they are. Just curious. Some people get really defensive about it though.

I'll answer one of your questions. My favorite food right now is chocolate. I am obsessed with making little chocolate treats lately, like chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate popcorn. Though I need to stop 'cause I have been breaking out :(

So, what about you? What is your story? What is your favorite item of clothing?

MikeyC

My favourite colour is black. Used to be red but when I started delving heavily into metal music, black turned into my colour of choice. :)

As razzle dazzle rose has said, one of my favourite foods right now is chocolate. I can't get enough of it!

this_portrait

Some random facts about me:

Despite severe SA, I somehow have managed to get through college. I'm in my final semester right now and will be graduating in May.

I'm a pretty creative person. I really enjoy expressing myself through photography and writing.

Recently I've been taking belly dancing classes to help tone my body. It's not super hard, but it's not easy, either. I will say that it's more fun than running on a treadmill.

spring

What is it about getting to know others that makes it so intriguing, so interesting? We could say it is an exciting endeavor which will resolutely end with commonalities, similarities and maybe a potentiality of disinterest. Is it not better we remain a mystery?
then how would you communicate if you don't get to know others?
Isn't it why we signed up on this website?because we are unhappy with the way we communicate?
didn't we all perceived ourselves-at least partly-(I won't use the word KNOW)first through the feedbacks we got from the outside world when we were kids?

lonely_drummer

Random fact about me: I spend most of my free time either programming or reading about quantum physics on Wikipedia. Because I'm weird like that.

Lol, I spend many hours pouring away over my books. I was a physics major in university. Quantum is so intriguing and mysterious!

Blannabers

We could say it is an exciting endeavor which will resolutely end with commonalities, similarities and maybe a potentiality of disinterest. Is it not better we remain a mystery?

Granted, some people do enjoy keeping things away, and it's up to them to decide if they want it that way or not. My choice doesn't mean I'm revealing you to the world. I just... look for... oddities, I guess you say. Something interesting to learn about the world. No crime in that.

I could probably use you at some point, if that's ok. Lol! I'm really getting into web design right now. I used to do HTML back when Myspace ruled supreme over all of us stupid scene/emo kids. lol. Know any C++? Php?

You know you could benefit from talking to a few elderly patients in a hospital who could use a companion for a day though.

Am I to assume you are going into something like psychology or the health field? My mother always tries to get me into the health field because she thinks I'm going to 'settle' in life. She thinks I should just lead a humdrum life and change diapers... It sure is nice of you to do something like that. It puts a bit of magic into the idea that everyone has a story to tell.

My favorite food right now is chocolate. I am obsessed with making little chocolate treats lately, like chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate popcorn. Though I need to stop 'cause I have been breaking out :(

One word... Popcornopolis.

I'm a pretty creative person. I really enjoy expressing myself through photography and writing.

Recently I've been taking belly dancing classes to help tone my body. It's not super hard, but it's not easy, either. I will say that it's more fun than running on a treadmill.

You... are to be my best friend... RIGHT NOW. Lol. even though belly dancing is an interest of mine, I've picked up an old habit my mother grew up with, and that is hulahooping. I've looked into it and I've noticed that there is a connection between hulahoopers and bellydancers. Sure is smexy, though. >:3

Hello friend,very nice and cosy post but why don't you tell us about yourself too?

Welp... To be honest, I felt like I splurged a little on the responses above. I can't really say that I can really tell anyone about myself to a full extent. Long story short, I feel like I've been running from myself, I guess. I had a major breakdown a few months back. One day I felt incredibly insignificant compared to friends I had and I shut down from the world. It's hard going to work the next day and acting like you're not fatal. lol.

Blannabers

C++? Yes! PHP? No... Maybe someday.

But how is C++ relevant to web design? (Really, I don't know, and not knowing bothers me)

Well, it's part of the programming thing I'm doing. I'd like to know some of it on the side as well.

Last edited:

Kat

You know you could benefit from talking to a few elderly patients in a hospital who could use a companion for a day though. I did some volunteer work last summer just to get something good put in my resume but at the same time, gain more volunteer experiences whilst working part-time. It helped me to be outside more and focus less on myself since I know how isolation and being house bound can do to my psychological functioning or something. It was slowing deteriorating my brain activity. (probably the lack of serotonin too) It's interesting to know that there are people who definitely need real human interaction while they're living alone with no close relatives, just the workers who enter and leave their rooms. I feel really good when I realise that someone needs me and finds me useful in their lives, even for just a short time. :)

Hmm... so yeah that's a little known fact about me. I wish I could be free from myself completely... I mean, just feel more open to helping people whenever I can.

It’s good to know a fellow SP does volunteering :D I'll brb to the questions.

DeadmanWalking

I'm an alien bent on world domination::p:. Is it alright if I drink human brains:rolleyes:?

My favorite color is silver and, in my spare time, I work on my stories, read books, surf the Web, and/or play a game. My go-to game up to this point is Persona 4, a role-playing game for the PS2. My favorite food is pizza, Meat Lovers really, and doughnuts.

Kat

Creativity would have to be my strongest trait before I could read I was looking through books and looking at kids craft books to create doll clothes, music is something I could have pursued I use to be able to play instruments like the organ and guitar by listening. I have never really learn how to read music. I don’t want to keep going on about myself::eek:: but I’d say a lot of my abilities are natural but because a lot of self doubt they are very undeveloped. I had a lot of troubles in school, bullying and having learning difficulties didn’t help, if I knew then what I do now about learning difficulties It may not have taken a toll on my self-esteem, but I always assumed and no one really cleared my beliefs that having LD was a polite way of labeling someone as an idiot. I left school about the age of 16 but I’m doing some studies at tafe now and volunteering.

Last edited: