Ideas & Suggestions

Funkymunky

Hi guys.Im working on a short animation just now about a house bound social phobic girl.The animation will be in 4 parts (house life,a panic attack scene,a dream sequence featuring an angel and then the ending where she wakes and searches the room but the angel is gone.The animation will revolve around the tune "seagulls nex" by laki mera www.myspace.com/lakimera and ill post a picture in the members art section to give you an idea of the style.Its quite hard to describe the cartoon in a short post but i would really appreciate some input with the house bound scenes.I think its really important to accurately portray the frustrations and emotions we suffer during the bad times when were really stuck at home and i only have my own experiences to go by.If anyone can help with ideas of how to protray this or could just help by posting the things that upset them the most at these times i would really appreciate it.I know its hard to focus on the negatives but i would really like to do the subject justice as unlike my previous animations id really like to send this one off as many places as possible.Hopefully in a small way it could help highlight the illness...even if just on one animation website :)

easy

Well, I had social anxiety until like a week ago. I've now lost all fear.

Social phobia is not an illness. It's simply a fear, like any other fear. Fear of death is as irrational as fear of rejection, failure, etc. is.

If you want to make an animation about social phobia, you could do something with this: the house bound girl has many dreams and desires, like all people. She dreams of beauty and love and happiness. But every time she does so, the big fear demon comes into her room. He screams at her: "YOU CAN NEVER DO THIS! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" It threatens her and hurts her.
So the girl sits on her bed shaking, afraid of the fear demon. She thinks she can't do all those nice things, because every time she tries the fear demon grabs her and takes her down. The fear scares her so she doesn't even dare to think about leaving her room.

Then she realizes that the fear demon was only a thought. She made it up! It has been in her mind all along, the fear (which she thought was real) was an illusion, and all the beauty and love and happiness, they are real! :D
She now knows that there is nothing to fear, ever, and is happy.

:D

This is how I think now. I know fear is an illusion.

Funkymunky

First up congratulations on overcoming your SA! :D .Its always fantastic to hear a success story.I liked the way you think of it as a Demon :twisted: after all it is a fight and you need an enemy to fight a proper battle.Your ideas sound different from what im doing (apart from the dreams an aspirations,which im including) but they sound good in there own right.
Id have to disagree though with the illness thing.Personally mines started with depression,mild O.C.D and others so i tend to think of it as part of an ilness.Also Social Phobia is technically classed as an ilness as it can be triggered by a chemical imbalance in the brain,or even a blocked ear haha (its true,whod have thunk it!).It can also be hereditary so all these things mixed do make it an illness.Social Anxiety may be different though?.Is that someone who can do things but is wracked with nerves and irrational fears?.Who knows im babbling now but thanks for the post :wink:

Funkymunky

Thanks Cherish :) .It'll take a while but once its finished ill put up a wee website and post the link it on here.Ill have to write to the band also for permission to use the track...actually even to buy the mp3.There an unsigned Glasgow band and dont have a CD out yet but the song just fights in so well with all the parts i have planned.