Idrostar not working as much as it did - what to do?

Nacho

Hi all.

Six years ago I decided to buy an Idrostar to stop my palm sweat. It was fantastic because it really did help. The first few months it totally stopped the sweating, but since then it has stopped it only 50 % - which is still fantastic. My palms can sweat at random occasions - both when I'm nervous or not. I just want to know if there is something more I can do? It could be awesome if I can get close to 100 % again :)

Another question. The more I stop the palm sweating, will I then sweat more other places on my body?

HH

Could the idrostar be faulty in some way so you're not getting the required current to your hands? It could have been a change in the water quality, did you move to different area and then it only worked 50% ?.

Maybe try getting a different machine and see if that helps (you're had the idrostar for six years now....maybe its time for a change :) )

"Another question. The more I stop the palm sweating, will I then sweat more other places on my body?"

This shouldn't happen, although sometimes I tend to sweat a bit from back in stressful situations...but nothing to much.

good luck

Nacho

I don't think the machine is faulty. I just think I need to do something else, and whether it should be a new machine or other methods I don't know. Anything you can recommend I should take a look at?

HH

Not sure what you could take at look at regarding the machine itself. Do you know if the water you're using is hard water? I think that can make a difference (hard water-good, soft-not so good, apparently soft contains less minerals or something)

Nacho

Not sure what you could take at look at regarding the machine itself. Do you know if the water you're using is hard water? I think that can make a difference (hard water-good, soft-not so good, apparently soft contains less minerals or something)

I have no idea what kind of water I use. Does it matter whether it's hot or cold?

Sprawling

Sometimes, as I found out, treatment can just stop working for no apparent reason. Then it can magically start working again.

I have compensatory sweating do to dry hands.

You can possibly try a different water source?? Collect some rain water and add it to your tap water. I've had it where rain water treatment dried my hands 110%.

Soy Sauce

I've noticed a little bit of compensatory sweating on other parts of my body when my hands/feet are dry, but definitely nothing major.

I can't speak regarding the Idrostar, but with my Drionic, I noticed a definite decrease in results after a while due to buildup on the plates from hard water, but as soon as I sanded the build up off, it was working like almost new again. I recently replaced the plates for the first time in over 4 years, and although the treatments are working, I find I don't feel the tingling or virtually any pain anymore. Even before I replaced my plates. I think my hands have just built up a slight tolerance to the treatments, but it's hard to say since I haven't done treatments as regularly as I should.

Sprawling

I modified a Drionic to accept trays. It doesn't seem to have enough current. My main machine is the Fischer unit. I also use a pulsed galvanic unit. We do seem to adapt to the current. Over the course of 6 years I'm able to tolerate way more than a drionic can provide.

Amherst

One other possibility you might consider: did your local water company change its process of filtration, and did the water composition change? I had used my Hidrex PS 500 successfully for nearly one year, and all of a sudden it partially stopped working in the second half of December. By early January, my fingertips were quite moist again, although my palms stayed dry. At the same time, my wife and I noticed that her tea just wasn't tasting right: it was consistently flat. I asked my dermatologist about this, and she said that the subject of ill-tasting water had even become a topic of a formal discussion at her condo association.

After experimenting unsuccessfully with rainwater, I finally broke down and bought cheap mineral water from Costco. It took just under three weeks (the same length of time it took to get results the first time), and now my hands and feet are back to being dry again. And the tea is still flat.