if you have a question about socialphobia i will be glad to try answer your question

Status
Not open for further replies.

genius

What is the difference between social phobia and shyness, and do they both have to be present at the same time?

im sorry i dont know about shyness im just talking about SA because it was a part of my life for 13 years until i find CBT

i am not a doctor but during 13 from my life suffring from SA i lost my college and my job and i didnt know what is worng with me until i start to know about cbt and it really answerd all my questions

i am just trying to help others and save them time thats all

If you don't mind, what were your experiences like? How did it start... and did it get better or worse... etc...

fauxleigh

How cognitive behavior therapy works, like when I am asked to eat in a eatery alone so that to understand there is no one will care about your behaviors but find out someone does stare at me during the course of experiment...

chopin83

I have a question Genius.

For people like me and many others here who really suffer from Social Phobia , is it a good idea to find a job where social interaction are somehow more limited to deal with the pressure or should we , on the contrary , find a job which encourages us to be more socialy active?

Also , did you overcome your social phobia :) ?

DanFC

i am not a doctor but during 13 from my life suffring from SA i lost my college and my job and i didnt know what is worng with me until i start to know about cbt and it really answerd all my questions

i am just trying to help others and save them time thats all

Nevertheless, you are applying what Remus so aptly described as armchair psychology. You are using subjective views from your own life, as hard as it may be, to supply an opinion. That in itself I don't think is wrong, but you are giving answers as if they were truths. It's as easy to fix as a note on your original post saying that you are not actually a professional but have dealt with the problem to such an extent that you feel you can give help through your own subjective experiences.

genius

Nevertheless, you are applying what Remus so aptly described as armchair psychology. You are using subjective views from your own life, as hard as it may be, to supply an opinion. That in itself I don't think is wrong, but you are giving answers as if they were truths. It's as easy to fix as a note on your original post saying that you are not actually a professional but have dealt with the problem to such an extent that you feel you can give help through your own subjective experiences.

its not my business what you think about me

genius

I have a question Genius.

For people like me and many others here who really suffer from Social Phobia , is it a good idea to find a job where social interaction are somehow more limited to deal with the pressure or should we , on the contrary , find a job which encourages us to be more socialy active?

Also , did you overcome your social phobia :) ?

to face your fears you must first fix what cause you this fears in this case its negative thoughts so you must ignore this thoughts first then replace it with positive thoughts

then to face your fears you cant face big fears or many fears at the same time
the right way is to face only one fear each time and it must be a small one

after a while you will find that the fear of this situation is disappeard so you move into a nother small fear situation and so on

is it a good idea to find a job where social interaction are somehow more limited to deal with the pressure ? sure this is the right way but with "CBT" therapy

DanFC

its not my business what you think about me

It's not what I think about you. You could be the finest, most honest person in the world or you could be the most despicable piece of trash on earth, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. It's the difference between your opinions that either you regard as truths or would like others to do so, and facts.

genius

How cognitive behavior therapy works, like when I am asked to eat in a eatery alone so that to understand there is no one will care about your behaviors but find out someone does stare at me during the course of experiment...

CBT works on reprogramming your brain so it will remove all of your negative thoughts replace it with positive thoughts to your brain and as a result the brain will stop pumping this huge amount af adrenaline in social situations

eventually you will find your self just like any other social person (human being is a social creature by nature)

Last edited:

genius

It's not what I think about you. You could be the finest, most honest person in the world or you could be the most despicable piece of trash on earth, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. It's the difference between your opinions that either you regard as truths or would like others to do so, and facts.

google "cbt" and read about it

you want take my davice you are welcome, you dont you are welcome too

you have your mind use it and choose what is useful for you

DanFC

google "cbt" and read about it

you want take my davice you are welcome, you dont you are welcome too

you have your mind use it and choose what is useful for you

I know what CBT is. I majored in Psychology and Neurobiology for god's sake. What you said last should be a given, but with how you are presenting your answers it is not.

genius

I know what CBT is. I majored in Psychology and Neurobiology for god's sake. What you said last should be a given, but with how you are presenting your answers it is not.

all of my answers are from CBT therapy not from my own and i am sure its working because its working with me

and other 1000's say so including people from this forum

i dont care to proof any thing but i know what is working

do you have social phobia ???????????

Last edited by a moderator:

Remus

Staff member
thread locked

No armchair psychiatry please, oh and I had to remove links to advertisments too.

Any problems with that decision, take it to PM

forum rules said:
3. Posts
Moderators, may at their discretion, edit or remove that are considered to be the following:
-offensive
-purposefully disruptive
-"Your SA is not as bad as mine" posts
-armchair psychiatry (unqualified diagnosis and treatment)
-obscene
-spam (advertising/selling)
-encouraging crime (including illegal drugs and piracy)
-encouraging suicide
-carrying on an *Closed thread* argument in a new thread

http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/site-rules-3332/

Status
Not open for further replies.