Ignorance is Bliss

Scottish_Player

Would it be fair to say that most people with SA are above the average intelligence?

Without sounding big headed i would say iam above average,i always like to know whats going on around about me,how things work,why things happen and just know as much as i can.Iam to aware of everthing around me and i feel as if i have to take all that information in.

This is an extract from an online diary i was reading and it makes sense totaly.

"Sometimes I think, I think too much. This may sound stuipid and egotistical but I'm sure intelligence causes depression because after all, ignorance is bliss. Look around you. If you can't see that this world is fucked up then you're stupid. If you can see then how do you stop it affecting you"

http://www.opendiary.com/entryview.asp?authorcode=D195128&entry=20012&mode=date that is the web page

Chilling_Echo

hm, i think intelligence would vary since SA isn't picky, but i would say it gives us a valuable perspective. this goes back to an earlier topic that asked something about good things that have come out of SA and that would be it. i think about how i'd be if i didn't experience the anxiety and i think i'd be alot less compassionate and tolerant to other people.

i'd also like to think that i'm above average in intelligence. at least with effort! i'm a fucking book worm at school. i HOPE i'm above average since i'm going for a PhD...

the qoute does make alot of sense, but ask me later on in the day when i'm in a different mood (can you tell i'm a chick? :wink: ) i'd say that it's just so easy to look over the simplier, happier things that don't take intelligence to see or feel. we get caught up in the bad

felix

yes that quote totally makes sense!! thats what i always think, how can people go around so happy and carefree everyday when theres all this shit going on around you.
I think people with SA are definitely more aware if n e thing, because we really notice what everyone says, and worry about what people think. Sometimes i think it would nice if I could just switch my mind off for a moment.

Anonymous

No matter how intelligent you are, you can always be stupid enough to have some fun.
Use your intelligence to give a damn about SP for example.

Kaya

I believe that it is quite widely recognised that neurotic type personalities correlate with intelligence - I believe this is because neurotic type disorders have a very complex psychological structure, and you have to be pretty smart to devise, maintain and function within such a complex system.

Anonymous

felix said:
Sometimes i think it would nice if I could just switch my mind off for a moment.

I can turn my mind off, but everymorning it turns on again without permission! :lol: