I'm Addicted to Trolling?

Agent_Violet

I don't like when people intentionally poke at others just to get a rise out of them. the internet is full of negative haters as it is and doesn't need any more of that nonsense floating around just bc some people get a kick out of it.

perhaps instead of wasting energy trolling,people could do something worthwhile or do something to help a good cause???

karl:-/

The agent is on the case lol.

She's right tho...

Make love, gain peace, put to rest that inner beast.
Go off line, for a while, return upon us with an inner smile.
Top the hating, your pupils dilating, now get your mind contemplating.
Is it right? Is its wrong? We all know, but you!! Be strong.....

Hahaha

Um, no. I trolled when I was 13-15, but now I'm more mature and have (slightly) higher self esteem so I don't need to go around starting fights on the Internet to feel big.

Foxface

I've trolled IMDB boards for like a week about Katniss' long neck. Every post was something about her neck. I haven't laughed so much in my life, becuase my posts were deliberatly incredibly tupid, for my humour. A few days ago, I my posts have been deleted.

It was the best! Good while it lasted. :D

dragonoth

Whilst I believe some people deserve to be trolled for being idiots, I also believe it should be done in good taste i.e. it should prove that they're being stupid in the most polite way. Having said that, I've never trolled anyone so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that. Have fun without hurting people's feelings.

Whilst I believe some people deserve to be trolled for being idiots, I also believe it should be done in good taste i.e. it should prove that they're being stupid in the most polite way. Having said that, I've never trolled anyone so I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that. Have fun without hurting people's feelings.

The forum I've been on for 5 years have voluntary admin(s) "working" on it. They don't have time to catch all nasties all the time.

I supposed I get annoyed when nasties are allowed to get their way and are able to continue insulting and being rude on the forum with no one taking immediate action on them. It just gets the original posters along with other contributing members riled up for silly things.

Sometimes someone has a genuine question, you get these nasties joining the thread and flaming it the question or discussion, gets everyone else cross and arguing... then sometimes the thread gets deleted. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. And the original poster does not get help in the end.

If the nasties are posed with truly intelligent remarks which basically shuts them down, they just *disappear* from that thread... and start annoying other posters in other threads!

But, I really think I'm wasting my time "chasing" these trolls. They are very few and very specific people (whom after getting banned just re-registers and login as a new user). They still get identified most of them time by someone in the forum from the way they write or stories they repeat.

I don't get anything out of all this anyway (except for a nice feeling each time someone gets real help). Why am I addicted to helping these people?!!! :confused:

I know why - I haven't got real friends that I go out with where I'm living now!! Argh. I've answered my own question, haven't I.

Last edited:

Kat

I envy the time people have to waste but no this is not something I would be compelled to do.
I don't get anything out of all this anyway (except for a nice feeling each time someone gets real help). Why am I addicted to helping these people?!!! :confused:

If you can get them to admit they have a problem you must be doing something good haha you may make a good psychologist.

Last edited:
I envy the time people have to waste but no this is not something I would be compelled to do.

If you can get them to admit they have a problem you must be doing something good haha you may make a good psychologist.

I've not started working again yet. Still job hunting. There's another problem, definitely.

Qurion2

i do troll a lot too, but rather only internet friends and not to an extend where i hurt them

i used to troll a lot more in a MMO which i loved to play, and i still troll slightly in Battlefield 3

but otherwise i told myself to avoid trolling... it just ends bad sooner or later :/
thou then i get pulled out of nothing and usually allways into drama x.x

@Roman Legion there is a difference between trolling for fun, trolling for attention, trolling to hurt people/to attack others

trolling for fun is not supposed to hurt others
trolling to get attention is as the words alrdy say, trolling for attention
and trolling to hurt people is simply attacking others, which is basically not even trolling anymore

what you could do Tomasso might be to block those people, if you know they are bringing you out of focus. it is hard at the beginning but sometimes necessary, especially if they start to attack you (but can be just me, i avoid people wherever i can)

OceanMist

The thing with me is that I speak my mind a lot and get called a troll, so I guess I accidentally troll often. Whatever, I'm just being me so if that bothers people that's too bad.

Remus

Staff member
I've always seen a 'true' troll as being an undiagnosed psychopath. RIP trolling for example.

Last edited: