Im afraid to play loud music in my car.

ooSOULCRYoo

yeah... whenever I drive my car Im afraid to turn the volume up. I feel like people are going to look at me or judge me. When I was in highshcool, I would always bump the music but now Im too self concious. and when Im at a stoplight, Im afraid to look at the person in the car next to mine. anyone else feel ike this?

JBI

Hey, I feel for ya. There's nothing I enjoy more than cranking up the stereo in my car and listening to my whacky music. (Bagpipes, banjos, Irish drinking music, you name it and chances are I have it.) It's actually one of the few things that I can actually without worrying about what other people think. I do turn a few heads, but it's all good.

Just something to think about that might make it a little easier.

What are the odds that you'll see that person in the car next to you again? Probably pretty slim. So why does it matter to you what they think? Unless it's the cops, and even then they didn't seem to care, Screw 'em and crank up your stereo. I know it sounds hard to do (it sounded hard for me too when a guy I met at school told me to "f--- 'em,"
but it's getting a lot easier as the days go by.

Keep your chin up. :D

Joey86

I don't drive, so I don't have the issue in the car, but I am self-concious when I'm listening to music on my headphones. I'm afraid sometimes that people will judge me if they over-hear what i'm listening to... because I like a lot of strange music that an ordinary 24 year old male would listen to.

JBI

Joey86 said:
I don't drive, so I don't have the issue in the car, but I am self-concious when I'm listening to music on my headphones. I'm afraid sometimes that people will judge me if they over-hear what i'm listening to... because I like a lot of strange music that an ordinary 24 year old male would listen to.

I have a bad habit of singing along when I'm listening to headphones, but I don't realize it because I play my music so loud.

recluse

I drive an open top sportscar which is yellow, yet i don't like being looked at too much! I don't drive it to be flash and show off, it's for my own enjoyment. Having people stare at me when driving it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Boober

I have my Walkman so quiet that I can't hear it myself! I'm so afraid of drawing attention to myself.

PhantomPod

I used to have that mind set too, but one day I randomly just though "fuck it!" and now I don't have a problem cranking the volume up and singing along without a care in the world. It's very invigorating. I always think about it as I never look at others while I'm driving, so others must not be looking at me either. The thought that others were looking at me or were judging my music was all in my head.

replica

Yeah I am like this. When coming to a stop I would normally turn the music down. Now that I have blown my speakers I just use my walkman and play my music as loud as I want. It is not the same but it will have to do.