I'm becoming agoraphobic

Livingwithoutlivin

I"m definitely more afraid to go outside today than last year, but it's mostly my fear of other people. I don't think I can be normal around them, and sometimes I do little obsessive habits like look at people like I want to get away from them, or just make them feel uncomfortable with my anxious face. I also keep trying to hide my sad faces. I keep thinking people are gonna notice a big sad face on me and it just makes me want to stay home forever and never go outside. I don't know, I hope somebody can tell me what has helped them. I also want to know if my college psychotherapist can prescribe me medicine. I want some xanax :oops:

Maybe you should figure out WHY you're feeling this way before you go on medication? I had that for about 4 or 5 years and it gradually got worse and worse cos I just ignored it, and now i'm stuck in my house and hardly able to leave! I've started going to a psychologist and she's helping me figure out what made me feel this way in the first place, the stuff that was really deep down in my subconscious, and now i'm learning to change the way I think about being in public and the outside, because I know what's worrying me now. I would definitely recommend that before, or as well as, medication.
Good luck!

Canucks1

Hi there,

I agree with kayelle best to find out why you feel the way you do first.
I suffered from panic attacks for many years, for me I was always afraid to try medication (for fear of what it might do to me) so i am very much anti prescription medication. I found a couple of really good natural method to overcome all sorts of panic/anxiety related disorders including agoraphobia ad i put together a article website from my own experiances and research. have a look it may give you some ideas or hints on what may be the best action for you to take

www.panicandanxietyhelp.com/agoraphobia