i'm home 24/7. talk to me.

ifalter

i dont care who you are, what you look like, how old you are...i'm home 24/7. i recently started talking w/ a fellow agoraphobe on yahoo IM. i'm looking for more agoraphobes to chat w/. here's my yahoo IM: ifalter

i'm new to yahoo IM, too.

Lexmark

going for walks is no major help
Since i have been at this sight i realise we all just thing we are worthless and a peice of shit and that wat we have to fix to beat this

nonentity

me too

I'm also agoraphobic, I have been for many years. I used to be able to go on brief outings but now my terror of people and public places is such that I never leave. I've never spoken to a fellow recluse, it would certainly make me feel a little less alone to do so. If you want to exchange messages just let me know.

TAMPA-BAY

Yes

Yes columba you can use the personal message feature its a bit more reliable than the instant messenger which is useless in todays age of popupblockers.

chris87

If I didn't have school, I would be home all the time. As much as I complain about it, it's a good way for me to stay busy and get a change of scenery.

punkrockgrrl7

Agorphobia with panic attacks

I have been suffering from panic attacks since I was about 17 or so and I am now 25. There was a two year time frame there that I never left my house and I couldn't even leave my yard. Although, I finally did get some help, but I am still afraid to drive and still get anxious sometimes when I go out in public. Does anyone else have panic attacks to where you don't feel real and your heart starts pounding and your hands get all sweaty?
Or have you ever been dreaming you are having a panic attack in your dream and it feels very real in the dream? :roll:

ifalter said:
i dont care who you are, what you look like, how old you are...i'm home 24/7. i recently started talking w/ a fellow agoraphobe on yahoo IM. i'm looking for more agoraphobes to chat w/. here's my yahoo IM: ifalter

i'm new to yahoo IM, too.

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Most days in a row for not leaving the house?
the most i've gone w/out going outside is a year. i have no work life, no social life, no friends, no boyfriend (i'm asexual, so i'm okay w/ this, lol), and no life either. w00t, w00t. i'm home 24/7 as well. i had to drop out of high school, i want to get a job but can't...yeah. i'm 17.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: Hai
me, me! [email protected] or yahoo messengerrrr.. 18/f

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:16 pm Post subject:
18...thats teenager-y enough. senior in high school.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: Laughing problem
yessir! is that why i am this way, because i'm used to being a recluse? my sister and her boyfriend found it odd how i'd be in my room laughing my head off with the TV off. my mind provides entertainment as is! its called thinking, people! memories, ya know, funny ones. happens ALL the time. inside jokes with myself. meh. i'm in college as well. =] but, yes, it does happen to me there, actually! i laugh over the un-funny things in life, like grammar mistakes. they are so funny! i'm a nerd, and love grammar and spelling and etc. when someone mispronounces a word, its so hard not to laugh..yeah hard to understand. usually, some poeple laugh for a few seconds. but my laughter is sooo long. and i have to stifle it, since its by nature really loud.

These are all quotes from USER: ifalter
Does no one else here think, this guy is prying on vulnerable young people who have mental issues.
Read this guys posts if you don't believe me, doesn't know if he in high school a drop-out or in college. Doesn't know if he's a guy or a girl.

People who are suffering from problems posted in this forum, do not need a predator stalking around as well. If anybody reads this post, please let me know if they think I'm correct. When this guy makes comments like "I don't care how old you are, PM me so we can talk privately. RED FLAGS START GOING OFF.

I came to this site to see if I could get help with my Agoraphobia, and to try to help others. I will quit posting when this thing backfires, but I can't deal with predators on this site. As for myself I am 37 years of age, male and have nothing to hide, except for the fact I have major depression, severe anxiety possibly from PTSD, possibly ADD, and I am suffering from Agoraphobia. I have a good professional career and fight with my problems on a daily basis. I have alot to offer those that need advice, but maybe not on this site. I have a wife & four children oldest 15, and I don't like creeps.

Helpmewalkaway said:
doesn't know if he in high school a drop-out or in college.

Gee, is it remotely possible that someone who was a high school dropout in the spring is going to community college in the fall?? That would only happen to, oh, millions of people a year.

Doesn't know if he's a guy or a girl.

She says female in every post, seems pretty sure to me.

When this guy makes comments like "I don't care how old you are, PM me so we can talk privately. RED FLAGS START GOING OFF.

Your alarm system is shorted out and needs immediate replacement. An actual "predator" would have a prefered age to seek (predators are surely the least likely people to say "i dont care who you are, what you look like, how old you are"), and would randomly PM or go through the MSN list instead of asking people to come to her. The majority of people at social phobia world are likely to prefer to talk privately.

It's not at all nice to crush people's confidence further by telling them they sound like a predator and "creep" whenever they try to be social. Your treating everyone as a predator until proven otherwise tells us a lot about your phobias, and I have sympathy for them, but please try to recognize the irrationality, keep it to yourself and not do damage to others.

(As for the topic... er, I'm not really agoraphobic so much as socially phobic, so I don't belong here. Paranoid posts just annoy me so I can't let them pass.)