I'm not into anything except myself

StealThis

I've come to the conclusion that the biggest part of my problem is that i'm so damn consumed with my SA that I don't take interest in anything else. I don't care about sports, TV shows, Music, girls, computers, gadgets... nothing. I mean i used to like this things but now I could really care less for the most part. I care more about not having anxiety and avoiding situations that will give me anxiety. Its to the point that when people ask me what kind of music i like i don't have an answer. Or what's your favorite food "i don't care" is always my answer. anyway, i feel like i'm losing myself to this SA bullshit.

longlivesolitude

Heh. I know what you mean. Seems like you are kind of obsessed with the SA or finding a cure for it. Maybe you should put it on ice or just find a middleway where you try spending some time at an interest and become more and more into it. But I know what you mean, because SA has an enormous influence on our lifes but if we just label ourselves as "Social-Anxiety-sufferers" we just let it become the only thing in life and that can only lead to feeling bad since social anxiety mostly has bad's to it. Of course it's all about your perception on it. A tip could probably be to stay aware in the presence instead of dwelling in thoughts about your social issues and so on. Not that it's so simple though.

LA-girl

Hi!

I think the only real solution to our problems are to shift focus from ourselves and over to others. I know it might be difficult in the beginning, but try with tiny steps day by day. Try to find ways to help people. (We had a list of things on here a few weeks ago...if you go back a few pages you'll probably find it). I can not promise you instant results, but gradually you will hopefully get the attention away from yourselves and you'll start to heal. This way you will both help yourself and others! :wink:

shipost

lol I got this to, I am so interested in what I have. People are interested in football, I am interested in SA and how it affects people but problem is I have SA :lol: I will find a cure sooner or later lol.

Septor

Yea I catch my self doing that all the time.It's a hard habit to break.I cant say much other then identify your thoughts when they are happening and try and change them.Not very good advice but im not sure of the answer myself.