i'm paranoid

Chilling__Echo

I've not seen this a whole lot on the forum and i didn't realize it did it so much but is anyone basically obsessed with worrying whether people are talking about you behind your back? or laughing at you?

if i'm near people in a store or see cashiers watching me, if they start whispering to each other i immediately get so self concious. or if i'm walking away from friends i wonder what they're saying about me now that i'm gone. sometimes in public you hear a loud laugh and i want to crawl into a hole in the ground! i'm sure it's all in my head b/c i'm sure i'm not THAT popular haha

Kezada

ye i get that on msn, or when im in the local shop, i see 1 person lookin at me and i start to think "they think ima rob or shoplift" and it dont help if you actualy HAVE shoplifted in the past. i have sever paranoia and that the reason why i left my kickboxin club.

Kezada

Toad

Yeah i get this feeling quite a bit when im walking around campus at college. The worst is when you walk past a group of people you dont really know..or know like one person in and they start laughing after you pass them...even if they don't see me it makes me really conscious of what im doing.

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah i get paranoid thoughts like that aswell, i know in my head that people arnt laughing at me behind my back, but i still cant seem to shake the feeling :?

jenz

i have always felt that way too .....But I always at first attributed that to my being bullied when I was a teen. after that it felt as though all my confidence dissapeared....( im working on it

Its true kezada...my sis works for security at a mall and told me once that I sometimes show similar characteristics of a shop lifter. (walking around nervously and looking through the corner of my eyes) ...I ve never shop lifted and don't feel the urge to.

but...I do get self consciouss..walking into a room full of people, or a room with two people I don't know ....that don't look accepting...if I hear laughing I immediately think it me their laughing at...I TRY to not think about it ...but it like an obessive thought...it starts out small when you enter or think of entering the store , room , walking past a group of people etc...then gets out of hand immobilizes you and makes you want to find the nearest exit or have an exit plan...so that you don't make yourself look like a fool.

marki

i constantly have the feeling that im being watched everywhere, and because of that i don't know how to move and where to look...VERY annoying and i just cant get that feeling out of my head :x

redlady

Chilling_Echo wrote:

sometimes in public you hear a loud laugh and i want to crawl into a hole in the ground! i'm sure it's all in my head

I feel that way when i hear laughter when i'm out - i have a full on physical reaction to it, it just sweeps through me - in my head who ever they are, they are always laughing at me. Despite knowing that it's all in my head it makes no difference. And i f@#king hate it. :evil:

allanboy

I´ve always been kind of paranoid, socially and whatnot. I have this friend that usally whispers things to my other friend, both in front of me. Damn, every time i think it´s about me, commenting on my being. And when i enter my class, i can see that everyone is staring at me, but i cant look to confirm, just fix my eyes in my seat and go. And when the girls in front of me are passing notes, i think(or like to think, heh) they´re talking about me. And when i sit in front of someone i dont know, i have to sit curved to not keep in front of them.
Theres also the true paranoia thing. Checking my six when walking down a street, looking for cover and acess/advantage points when waiting for someone. When my pals are talking to some girl, i think they are plotting against me. Never drink from something someone offers you...

blubs

redlady said:
Chilling_Echo wrote:

sometimes in public you hear a loud laugh and i want to crawl into a hole in the ground! i'm sure it's all in my head

I feel that way when i hear laughter when i'm out - i have a full on physical reaction to it, it just sweeps through me - in my head who ever they are, they are always laughing at me. Despite knowing that it's all in my head it makes no difference. And i f@#king hate it. :evil:

me too. If I'm on my own and I hear people laughing I get a wave of reaction to it like that :oops:
The weird thing is that when I'm with people I know, I don't mind being laughed at anyway.

redlady

blubs wrote:

The weird thing is that when I'm with people I know, I don't mind being laughed at anyway.

Me too blubs - generally i'm much more confident when i am with someone else than when i am by myself. :?

Chilling__Echo

I have this friend that usally whispers things to my other friend, both in front of me.

allanboy, i hate it when people do that, that's so rude! i think anyone would feel uneasy with that, not just us.

allanboy

yeah, that truly sucks. and the guy is a real friend of mine. Damn, you know those really religious families(not that religious though) that have very nice ways of life, but HAVE to comment on other people´s? hate it...
am i the only one that dont give a shit to gossip?

Chilling__Echo

oh god, i live in the south and my family is very southern (and religious). everytime i go to g-ma's house they all get going either about liberals, blacks, mexicans, (sorry guys), gays, everything. it makes me so mad. many of them may have really good friends that are black or mexican but it's just the way that they were raised (to be racist) and b/c they may have friends like that they feel they're not racist. i REALLY have to hold my tongue.

i'm not even going into it but i hate being assumed racist (because i'm white) and i hate alot of my family because they give me a bad name B/C they are racist. i wish everyone would back the fuck down and get the fuck along and get some damn sense in their heads.

anyway, i hate to bring up the race issue, it just bothers me alot and living in the south i'm confronted with it alot whether i'm at a family reunion or at work having some lady telling me that she thinks i'm watching her (i work in retail) and profiling her even though i don't follow or watch people.

judgemental people really get to me. i won't even start on gay marriage...

maybe in the future i'll make a thread ranting about all of it but for today, just this. like i say i hate the issue. i want to move out of the south. but i'm sure every area has it's faults...