I'm so scared I can't go to the doctor...

Butterflies

Is anyone else out there so fearful that when it comes time to visit the doctor, you feel you'd rather die!

I swear sometimes I felt I would rather die than visit that doctor....

P.S. This is my first forum post - ever!

Tryin

Congrats to your first post, Butlerfies (btw, was the nick meant to be "Butterlies"?)! :D

Well, yes, visiting a doctor is one of the situations that freaks me out. What do I do? Well, I try not to think about it too much... and just do it. How do you cope with having to go?

rado31

Butterflies said:
Is anyone else out there so fearful that when it comes time to visit the doctor, you feel you'd rather die!

Wellcome Butterflies. Dont think of doctors so much.

maggie

Butterflies said:

hi Butterflies..i hate going to the doc or the dentist..mainly cause of the walking in part, announcing my arrival to the receptionist, and the dreaded waiting room 8O ..know what i do now to make it soo easy on myself? Book your appointments way in advance, and ask for the very first appointment of the day..usually that's like 8 am, something like that. Then arrive 10 minutes early, and they are usually just arriving also. They're so busy setting up and getting ready for their busy day, they hardly notice you..and the waiting room is usually empty :wink:

Butterflies

Absolutely dread that face to face contact

Thanks for replying ... that's great practical advice about booking the appointment early - to save having to deal with walking in that dreaded waiting room.

Also to just do it - it's important I know.

I find it the most difficult thing is having to speak with the doctor. I absolutely dread it. It's difficult to find a doctor you're comfortable with.

drjo91

Yes yes

I know just how u feel!!! amen to your post!!!!! for some reason i feel the same way...that when they ask me how i feel about something i get all confuse and mess up and i dont even know if what i said is correct or it was my imagination due to anxiety.

Infected_Malignity

Butterflies said:

Actually, yeah. The same thing used to happen to me every time I went to the dentist. But for some strange reason, I seem to be fine with both now. I guess sometimes the best way to confront an irrational fear is to just jump in head first!

shon

Butterflies said:

I have a big problem with it too. It's hard for me to sit in the room alone with the Dr. Then the focus is on me and I worry about being judged and criticized. I put off appt's so much that they criticize me for not coming in sooner. Then I'm upset about that. It's really dumb.