Imipramine An Anti-Depressant, Anti-Anxiety, Anti-Cholinergic for HH

cm123

Hello,

After being on the wait list for over one year I was finally able to see an esteemed Neurologist (PM for contact info) who has extensive experience with treating HH. He was one of the first doctors to ever start treating HH with botox and did a lot of research for the Allergan company. Several articles of his on HH are featured in Medical journals.

To help with both my anxiety and sweating the doctor recommend Imipramine. Imipramine is an anticholinergic which is also what the common anti-sweat medicine robinul is. While I am only just trying the medicine out I will let you all know how it works.

Has anyone else ever tried this medicine?

He also wrote a perscription for Diltiazem. I will try it after I have been ablet to test Imipramine. You can read about Diltiazem here:
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/diltiazem-in-familial-primary-hyperhidrosis-18653/

pedro123

I used to use Robinul. Now I switched to Pro-Banthine, I find it much more effective.

Remember these are anti-cholinergic medications. They technically don't dehydrate you, but have the same effects. So you have dry mouth, no appetite on account of dry stomach, severe constipation, blurry vision (for some strange reason). Also it messes with your immune system, so you get sick more often

Piglet Boy

I used to use Robinul. Now I switched to Pro-Banthine, I find it much more effective.

Remember these are anti-cholinergic medications. They technically don't dehydrate you, but have the same effects. So you have dry mouth, no appetite on account of dry stomach, severe constipation, blurry vision (for some strange reason). Also it messes with your immune system, so you get sick more often

Why must u take it on empty stomache?

pedro123

it's not empty stomach per se, it has to do with your metabolism. Once you eat the medication stops working

I wake up 2 hours before I get up (6:00) and take the meds I have on my bed side table. Then 6-8 hours (around 13:00) later I take another dose then around 19:00 I eat a big ass meal to desperately try to get in those 2,500 calories I need to survive.

eastside

I thought it is no food two hours before and two hours after when taking the med. So if you take the med at 6am and 1pm, you can eat from 8am to 11am, then from 3pm onwards.

it's not empty stomach per se, it has to do with your metabolism. Once you eat the medication stops working

I wake up 2 hours before I get up (6:00) and take the meds I have on my bed side table. Then 6-8 hours (around 13:00) later I take another dose then around 19:00 I eat a big ass meal to desperately try to get in those 2,500 calories I need to survive.

wannabedry

hey pedro i agree about the probanthine being more effective than the highly over-rated glyco/avert i had some old outdated probanthine that i had forgotten about and some brand new generic robinuls and ive been comparing the 2 recently when i go to the gym. ive done a few heavy long workouts on 30 mg probanthine in which i remained quite dry, whereas on other trips to the gym I took 4mg robinul and still came home super sweaty! so having realized this i was pissed off to find out that probanthine is discontinued here in the US and that ill have to shell out big $ to canada online to score my probanthine but oh well i suppose its worth it. im interested in finding out more about imipramine and gabapentin too, anyone have experience with these? i desperately need help with both my horrible post ets sweating and my severe social phobia/anxiety....

Solo Dolo

none of the anti-cholinergic meds work for me. i just get all the bad side effects but little to no help with sweating :(