In need of advice..

Richey08

I have had mild OCD since i can remember and up till now it hasn't affected my life in any great way. It's things like locking a door twice or placing things in a certain way. I usually grow out of them and pick up new ones. But my latest ritual really disrupts my everyday life. I think it came about after i wore a pair of badly stained and creased jeans to work because i had nothing else. Now, before i leave the house every morning i check myself in the mirror and just stare stupidly at them for 5 minutes. At times when I'm sitting i can't avert my eyes from them and if i catch my reflection in a window or mirror and no one is around i stop and look. I try to ignore it and sometimes succeed but it brings on a lot of stress.

Is there anything over- the-counter i can take? I don't want friends or family overreacting and thinking I'm mentally ill even if i am.

Danfalc

Banned
Richey08 said:
Is there anything over- the-counter i can take? I don't want friends or family overreacting and thinking I'm mentally ill even if i am.

I really havnt a clue,ya best seeing ya doctor if you can about meds.Ocd is one of the labels im pretty sure i dont have so sorry if any of this seems like daft advice cos i dont really have first hand experience of it.

But it sounds like your latest ritual was caused from you feeling anxious about wearing those jeans for whatever reason.. would it not help to get your clothes ready and ironed.. freshly washed the night before you go to bed? I know thats probaly giving into the ritual kinda.. but it might give you peace of mind to go bed knowing you have frsh clothes ready for the next day.