Ionto Machine recommendation needed

gpalmos

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but have been a long time HH sufferer. I discovered my condition as early as age 6 when papers would stick to my hand when writing in school.

I am 39yrs old now and have finally decided to find cure.

I have tried certain Dri, and Drysol, to no avail.

My doc just gave me a prescription for an Ionto machine. Being that this is a pricey investment, I want to make sure I buy the right one.

The choices are:

Drionic
Idromed
RA Fischer

My doctor feels that Drionic is probably the safest, because it is battery operated, though he says it's not as effective as the plug in models.

Please let me know what you guys recommend.

SweatSweatGoAway

Idromed or Hidrex are the machines I recommend. I read about a technical difference between the German made machines (Idromed/Hidrex) and the U.S. R.A. Fischer, and that is the German-made machine are able to use pulsed current while the R.A. Fischer can only use direct current. The former results in less pain, and both are equal in quality of treatment.

Idromed vs. Hidrex:

Idromed has a sleeker look, and is more portable, but the Hidrex is designed better. For example, Idromed has wires that "slide on" the electrode, and Hidrex has sturdy "clippers" that clip on to the electrode.

PC/PS vs DC/DS

You will want the PC/PS version. They hurt much less and are very nearly as effective as DC/DS.

Website to buy the machines: Iontophoresis against hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating

Enjoy, whatever you decide!

Last edited:

Sprawling

The drionic is the cheapest, stay away from it if you can. It can be modified to be used with tray's, which is great if something happens to your primary machine. I used mine for about a month and did achieve dryness. The drionic is a poorly designed unit. You can get them used from time to time on Ebay.

I have been using the Fischer MD-1a for over 5 years and have achieved excellent results. I would love to try the pulsed current machine. Ionto can be painful at times, yet worth it. Read some of the back posts for more information.